• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Speedometer Rebuild/Repair

panama

Anybody know of a way/place/person that rebuilds CUCV speedos?

My original is toast. I picked up a used 100 mph speedo from same year truck...hosed as well. So now I have 2 bad speedometers and hate to shell out more $$ for a new one...and I know...I know...I am sure it's the speedos...no cooincidence. They are Tango Uniform.

Any help would be appreciated!

Ive seen them on ebay if you dont mind dealing with that place.

Ill post a link tonight but then if you want to find it now just do a search yourself.

About a month ago I spotted a CUCV Speedo from a guy in Hesperia California.

Last edited:

swyne

I've got a speedo from an 86 3/4 ton gas model. I'll sell it to ya for $15 with shipping. Looks the same as my '87 CUCV.

Somemedic

Might not be the speedo or the cable... Check out the module that inserts into the transmission. More than likely the nylon gear inside is shot. Try replacing or at least checking it out.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look in your Yellow Pages under Speedometer Repair. Here in OKC we have a couple of companies that will repair them.

Also the internet is full of companies. I have sent a electronic speedo from another car for repair to the speedometerdoctor.com. I was very pleased with the work.

panama

Thanks for all the good advice guys!

Warthog - I actually found a place in Miami. Plan on stopping by tomorrow. Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the obvious...I never figured there would actually be a gauge repair shop in Miami!

Medic - I was unaware (as I am on most things on this M1009) of a potential gear problem on the module...thanks.

Bunker - Thanks alot for the offer...I just may take you up on it. It's raining in Miami but I will crawl underneath her when it's dry. Thanks for the fix on the guy in Cali too!

panama

$130 to repair EACH speedo! I tried to tell the guy that I could buy NEW ONES for that price...he wasn't budging so I wasn't biting....

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saturn Surplus has them new...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks