• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spelling software to prevent incorrect spelling of Cummins

davo727

You know when somebody posts the incorrect spelling of cummins where they add a g into it?

How about if you add that word to the list of cuss words that wont show up on this forum so it just posts ******** instead of posting that other inexcusable moronic word. Thank you, Dave

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The problem is, how would we handle the the use of the word when it's a Last name, city name, or street/location name? (I know of all three of those examples in my state alone)

I get it though. But sometimes software can't overcome such things.

davo727

I think it would be worth the possible chance of denying a legitimate use of the word just to prevent the clowns from using it to irritate us.

I guess some of them really are that stupid and some are doing it on purpose.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The problem is, how would we handle the the use of the word when it's a Last name, city name, or street/location name? (I know of all three of those examples in my state alone)

I get it though. But sometimes software can't overcome such things.
That reminds me, a long time ago every time I would try and tell somebody where I lived, it would censor my location (Dickson,TN). I had to gripe to Mangus for a long time to get it fixed.

That just goes to the point Drew is making.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks