• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spen Trailer??

cjcottrill

I can't figure this trailer out. I think it might have been a spen at some point, maybe a water trailer? Anyone know how to date by axle configuration? The guy I bought it from had no info about it. I would like to title it with the correct year or at least close.

Attachments

txdodge43man

No Idea I can tell you that the rims look like they are the size of jeep rims. It might be a mix of jeep trailer and home made parts. most military trailer tongues are removable but it is not any kind of jeep trailer I know of.2cents

cjcottrill

It came with a pretty well built wood bed, no doubt not original but none the less old. The ratchet handle parking brake is a match to the 40's Spen water trailers I've seen. It has a solid square axle with single brake band like the early airstreams, but straight axle instead of drop axle. It has 6.00 x 16 rims with tires branded military 1953, with hubcap clips. The hubcaps are not embossed. The back had a pair of Grotelite 100 reflectors, and one mounting hole for the missing taillight. It very well could be a marriage of sorts, but apparently an older one. The landing leg appears original and looks like some Spen 3/4 ton trailers I've seen. I'm thinking of making a SPEN wood bed look-a-like out of it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks