• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spicer 3053

Thanks General! Did you notice any difference?
No not really, the 3053A was a good used take-off. A little bit more of a grind coming into and out of fourth, also it's probably my imagination but first seems a little higher now.
Plus the 3053A was a few years newer.
Not an expert, I'm sure the others will chime in. I think all the 3053 variants bolt up to the Multifuel.

electraman

Thankss General! I am very hew to all this, but I have always wanted one. I climbed up under there today and they look like they bolt right in. Did you replace yourself and if you did, did you run to any problems? I have a 71 AMGR M35A2.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thankss General! I am very hew to all this, but I have always wanted one. I climbed up under there today and they look like they bolt right in. Did you replace yourself and if you did, did you run to any problems? I have a 71 AMGR M35A2.
They bolt right in, it's an easy trans to swap. What about the 3052 differences?:mrgreen:

electraman

Thanks so much General! I was worried about this, but this looks easy! I restore and collect Harleys so I am somewhat of a mechanic. This will help me a bunch! I did read in the threads that a seal was needed, do you know which one? Maybe I have read to much tonight and I am mixed up!

Shaun

I bought a gasket kit for the new trans from E-bay for 15 bucks. I used RTV for the seal between the trans bell housing and the engine bell housing. It's not completely nessacary but it's a good Idea if your going to be doing any fording.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is a 3052?
:) ...... a number.......?

actually used to designate the 5th direct transmissions in the gasser M35s

I did search.......

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/19512-3053-trans-od-not-2.html#post216607
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/3394-anyone-out-there-have-3503-5th-gear-od.html#post27267

more here: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/4190-about-our-transmission.html

Also TM 9-2520-246-34, chapter 3 section 1: Description, Operation and Data (3052)

G.

spicergear

The 3052 also has a lower 1st gear ratio and I believe reverse ratio too.

3053B, ah yes...the mythical taller overdrive. You want a good overdrive, M35TOM and his NEW kits will be the way to go.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
mythical indeed! sooner or later, probably later, everyone will realize that a 3053B never existed. only in the civi world there was a 3153B with .85 od but that would just be worthless to any of us even if you could find one after 46 years since it was made!

tom

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks