• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spin on filter options

kennys@wi.rr.com

So I've spent some time today looking at my filters and reading the threads and even watched some videos about spin on filters for the deuce. I know I can spend a few hundred dollars and get all the spin on adapters I need and be done with it. However, in my reading I've seen something kind of cool looking done with the oil filters. I saw a few people mounted a spin on filter to the firewall and ran a line to the top of the original oil filter canisters. How is that done and what mods are needed for this? I would be all over the spin on oil filter kits if I could relocate the oil filters to come off open side up. I know I can buy the filters that will mostly drain so it's not as big of a mess, but I want options.
As for the fuel filters it looks to me as though the filters are on a mount that is bolted to the block and I could simply remove the mount and put in a spin on mount like they use for fuel transfer tanks or that sort. I know that just because it looks that way to me I can be very wrong and that if I was to try this I would screw something up. Is this an option, is there a better option?
If you have replaced your original filters with a spin on style and you have not used the ready made kit please tell us all how you did it and pictures are always a plus.
Thank you all.

dabtl

You sure want to go to a lot of work reinventing the spin on filter adapters for the deuce!

I change the oil on my jatonka spin on adapters with ease. A shop wipe held at the base eliminates most of the oil that comes out. Easily. I am sure the others work just as easily.

Why are you so concerned about a minimal mess when you change filters? If a couple of shop towels could not clean it up, that might be different.

dkeven

I have been wondering why no one has swapped in the amsoil dual filtration block with full flow and bypass filter, I will send them an email and see if they have a recommendation, would like to use same filters as amsoil setup on my duramax

You sure want to go to a lot of work reinventing the spin on filter adapters for the deuce!

I change the oil on my jatonka spin on adapters with ease. A shop wipe held at the base eliminates most of the oil that comes out. Easily. I am sure the others work just as easily.

Why are you so concerned about a minimal mess when you change filters? If a couple of shop towels could not clean it up, that might be different.
Kenny is too cheap to waste that much WMO. :cookoo:

Srjeeper

Here's where to get the facts.......

www.jatonkam35s.com

This is the man that can and will answer all your questions and concerns about spin on oil filters for the Multifuel.

His filters have been tried, tested and studied to deliver the best results possible for the Multifuel.

I'm sold on all JT's designs because they work great, are affordable to buy and use filters designed for truck engines, not cars.

Nobody has put more time and research into their product than Mr. Tennis and to my knowledge there has never been a problem with one of his kits, fuel or oil.

[thumbzup]

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can't go wrong at all with Westfolk's kits. Went on so easy my 13 year did most of the installs. Last I checked they were a lot less expensive than others too which is nice if you like money in your pocket.

I have friends with both Westfolk's and JTs and no one has had a problem. Those with Westfolk's just have more beer money.

I change my oil once a year no matter the milage and I change my oil filters 3-4 times a year because I get them cheap on base and it makes me feel good.

I do like Westfolk's primary fuel filter setup a lot more than JTs because it is a whole new plate, NOT an adapter. It's the same setup up many others have put together themselves. I went with Westfolk's because it was ready to go out of the box, I didn't have to piece it together. The problems I was having with my primary filter is what drew me to spin ons in the 1st place.

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have bought kits from Westfolk too......I'm very satisfied with the primary fuel filter and the oil filter replacements.

I haven't put the secondaries on yet but the kit looks very well designed.

You could try to cobble a system together but I can't see where the advantage would be.

dabtl

I have been wondering why no one has swapped in the amsoil dual filtration block with full flow and bypass filter, I will send them an email and see if they have a recommendation, would like to use same filters as amsoil setup on my duramax
I think at one point JT, jatonka, posted some AmsOil filter numbers that would go on his adapters.

I did not get them because I could not find a local source. They do appear to be really good filters as I recall.

JasonS

I've installed two manufacturer's spin oil filter kits: westfolks and tie6044 (in the classifieds). They were about the same price. The tie6044 adapter appears similar to the JATonka and very nice quality. However, I was dissapointed with the quality of the westfolk adapter. The machine work was quite crude.

Jimma

I have the Jatonka spin on oil filter adapters. The machine work is perfect and first class. I am very pleased with them.

JJensen

I just purchased Westfolk's primary, secondary, and oil filter kits. I emailed him Tuesday evening, he emailed back same day. I paid for them on Wednesday, and they were here on Friday. Couldn't beat the quick reply, pricing, or the quick delivery. Great guy to deal with.

greg burns

I just purchased Westfolk's primary, secondary, and oil filter kits. I emailed him Tuesday evening, he emailed back same day. I paid for them on Wednesday, and they were here on Friday. Couldn't beat the quick reply, pricing, or the quick delivery. Great guy to deal with.
Are the Westfolk's filter kits sold through a web site? His you tube videos are attributed to "CimmaronWestfolk" neither of those names showed up when I searched the SS classified ads.

Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks