• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spin- on fuel filter for M813?

cbvet

Would like to replace cartridge filter with spin-on.
Anybody got suggestions for components/mounting?
Does anybody know the flow rate required?
Thanks for any tips!

162tcat

On my M923A1 I used 2 baldwin filter bases, pn FB1311. First a water separator baldwin pn BF1212 and then a CAT 3 micron final filter but I don't remember the part number on that one. I added this on the side of the engine in addition to the factor filter which I may remove some day. You can never have tok much filtration on a diesel.

Jakelc15

Wix 24309 and 24770 are popular filter bases to add on. 24309 takes the 1"-12 filters and 24770 takes the 1"-14 filters. I guess it depends on what filter you want to use. Baldwin makes a base that has the o-ring type fittings the stock filter uses. The stock m809 filter is a decent filter/water separator.
The really high horsepower 855 cummins guys use the filter and base from the vta 28 1710 engine. (Basically two 855's made into a V12.) But that is way overkill for a nhc250 or even a 400.

cbvet

Thanks for the info, guys.
I've used the Wix 24770 base for replacing the primary filter on a Deuce with no problems.
I'm just not sure whether the fuel flow rate is much higher on the NHC250 compared to the Deuce multifuel.
Probably not that different?

engineer233

image.jpgimage.jpgThis is the base I used . I used a wix filter with water separator and made a quick bracket . No extra parts were needed. This was on my M932 but they had the same old style filter.

Jakelc15

The fleetguard is prefect for a nhc. The nhc250 can require almost twice the fuel that a ld465 deuce will.The deuce has help with an in tank pump, while the 5ton only has the pt pump on the engine to suck the fuel from the tanks. Any restriction can cause lower mpg and we're already in the single digits. But that's not why we drive them!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks