• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spin on fuel filter for MEP-802A

ETN550

Does anyone know of source and part numbers for the primary spin on fuel filter with water drain for the 5kw MEP-802A? This is the fuel filter mounted in the cabinet by the control box not the engine mounted secondary filter.

NAPA sold me one crossed over from Wix number and the thread size on the filter is too small.

The housing looks correct. It is a 1994 model.

Thanks for any help. Otherwise I am ready for the first start up.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
dumb question, but do you have the original filter? That's a good starting place to find a cross

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did some searching. The original filter was sourced from Cummins Filtration, part # 85285-F. I can't find any manufacturers that cross over to that filter #. You might call Cummins Filtration tomorrow and see what they have to say. I did however find an e-bay seller with some...I think they are chinese made filters but the part number they list is the cummins filtration cage code followed by the cummins part number 76700-85285F. I will PM you the link

ETN550

The unit was received without oil and fuel filters. And it was mising the batteries and battery cables. Everything else seems to be there including the ground rod set, ground cables, Aux fuel hose, output lug wrench, and even a paper manual with some updates attached. So overall, I am pleased to find allthose goodies intact.

From a prior search on SS I came up with:

Oil Filter: NAPA 1374, Wix 51374
Fuel Primary: Baldwin bf1226, Wix 33472
Fuel Secondary: Baldwin pf 847, Wix 33348

I bought from NAPA. The others fit fine, just the primary fuel did not fit. Unfortunately, it was $18 and I doubt I can return it after opening it.

I'll try the Cummins info. Thank you.

The filter base is a flat surface with a supply hole and a hollow center stud. I think if I can match the center thread most any quality fuel filter would work. Because of the flat surface a range of gasket diameters would work. Maybe I can measure the thread size tomorrow.

PeterD

Interestingly I find the number above cross-references to CarQuest 85285, which is listed as an oil filter. I wonder if it might work?

ETN550

Good News!

After seeing that the Cummins filter (Fleetguard) was the same as the NAPA filter I bought I exchanged it for a larger size Fleetguard filter thinking it might fit the threads on the housing.

Well, long story short after I got home and disassembled a few covers to see better I found there was a burr on the filter base thread. It poped off with a file and I got the correct filter to fit!

Now I have some assembly of panels and it will be ready for the first start and check out. Hopefully in a few days!

Thanks everyone for your help. I will probably end up using the Fleetguard in the future as the Cummins shop is close and they stock them. One of the 4BT versions use them so they will be available.

Doug

reset2

Just checking on the thread. Did you get your 802 running. Did it make electric? Looking into these units myself.
Thanks

bookpile

I got this part number - Donaldson P148969 out of the Tier 2 Reset TM. But as a warning I haven't tried to cross reference or purchase one yet so proceed with caution.

cubdriver55

I got 4 of the last units and was able to come up with NAPA filter numbers. NAPA has a filter sale going on now so they are not too high priced. NAPA numbers Oil 1374 $4.80 Air #2276 $13.86 Primary fuel # 3472 $8.58 Secandary fuel # 3348 $ 3.87 Hope that helps

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks