• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spin on fuel filter mod going bad

mezc

Mod: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/36435-my-cucv-spin-fuel-filter-mod.html

I just put Pawnshop spin on modification, I filled the filter half with diesel kleen, crank it with the PI pink cable disconnected to fill the other half with diesel, put it back but It did not start, then I open the out side of the filter, it was full of air, took the pink cable out of the PI and crack it, after a couple sec some diesel/diesel kleen were coming out, put everything back and I try again but nothing, So I brake the line again (this time full of diesel/diesel kleen under pressure) and crank it to purge the diesel kleen out of the filter, after waiting to cool down the starter I try and almost got it running, the same the next try but here I had to quit because the battery was getting yellow/red.

I left the batteries charging and after work I’ll try again, do I need to break the line to the IP Again?, the first time It had pressure air, the second time It had diesel under pressure.

What should I do with the fuel pressure switch? Right now is disconnected.

I never open then water separator drain, should I?

I feel the diesel kleen idea wasn’t that good, I think someone post it as a way to clean shock, the inj pump system. :roll:

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will the truck run on diesel kleen? I'd be concerned about trying to start a truck on 50% diluted fuel.

6x6guy

Do you have access to a air compressor, try blowing out the fluid into a container of diesel fuel, putting pressure on the fuel system, displacing the fluid and air at each junction- just a thought. :roll:

Last edited:

mezc

ok :-D, cucv running after charging batteries, diesel kleen not a good idea.

How is going to affect not having the fuel pressure switch any more?

Pawnshop

Sounds like you have air in the system, you pushed the air from the half empty filter into the lines, the first time I replaced the box filter I had to crank and pump the throttle a LOT to get it to start, that is one of the reasons I did the spin on mod. I filled the spin on filter TO THE TOP and had no trouble starting even with a little air in the lines.

black06

just fill the filter up to the top next time and screw it on.... pour a little in, check and add more until it soaks in completely..... unscrew the air bleed until fuel pours out.

dabtl

Sounds like you have air in the system, you pushed the air from the half empty filter into the lines, the first time I replaced the box filter I had to crank and pump the throttle a LOT to get it to start, that is one of the reasons I did the spin on mod. I filled the spin on filter TO THE TOP and had no trouble starting even with a little air in the lines.

An obvious solution. I had assumed everyone pre-filled spin on filters. I always do, at any rate.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks