• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spin on fuel filter questions

nyoffroad

Huh..... I didn't know that. I wonder how many people that do the spin on upgrade actually run 2 filters. The 1st thing that comes to mind for a 2 filter setup is to run a 5 micron spin on filter on the firewall & a larger micron inline filter on the frame rail down near the tank. Seem like the easy solution.
I'd be careful having a filter down low and back by the tank. You can probably get away with it but here in NY that filter would get very cold while driving and covered with slush creating the potential of gelling.
It's also easier to change two filters close together then far apart.

sgms18

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't have to worry about the cold too much down here. Definitely not snow. Either way. Maybe an inline between the spin on filter & the IP would be better. Or do I need to be running 2 spin ons?

CSandoz

I'm really interested in this topic. I have the old square style base on my 1009. I have been looking pretty hard at fuel filter setups since my base started leaking. I was actually looking at some of the setups for the 6.5. I think one of my main questions is, can I find a newer style base and retain my WIF light and heater ? I know the fm100 is supposed to work in that respect, but are there others?

87cr250r

The heater just needs power. If it's present your current power circuit will run it. I think the WIF sensors are continuity based so any filter that uses a continuity WIF sensor will work. Some filters use floats and those may work but I'd have to do some investigation on that. The float closes a switch which should be just like continuity.

Last edited:

CSandoz

The heater just needs power. If it's present your current power circuit will run it. I think the WIF sensors are continuity based so any filter that uses a continuity WIF sensor will work. Some filters use floats and those may work but I'd have to do some investigation on that. The float closes a switch which should be just like continuity.
Thanks for the info. That will be helpful in finding an appropriate base.
I really appreciate it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks