• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spin on fuel filter

Camkillers

So I've seen a couple good threads of the spin on fuel filter mod this is NOT how to do it I'm posting to show any future people who want to do this mod how to find the best base and filter to use on there truck ...I did this mod on my truck and I searched everywhere for many different bases and filters . To be honest I couldn't find a good answer or post on the bases to use and filters

A good site with all the local auto parts stores bases part numbers is http://www.fleetfilter.com/filters/wix-filter-bases.html I looked here for mine and found the cheapest/best one for my application

Wix #24309 & Napa #4309 Filter Base

"PARTS DETAIL
Principal Application: Base for Fuel/Water Separators 33123, 33418 (1/2-NPT)
Style: Filter Mounting Base
Service: Base
Thread Size: 1-12"

Wix #24764 & Napa #4764 Filter Base

"PARTS DETAIL
Principal Application: Remote Mounting Base - Accepts 3/4-16 Threaded Filters - (Dual Inlet/Outlet with Female 1/2 NPT)
Note: This remote mount base may be used in a variety of applications including lube, fuel, hydraulic and transmission. It features double inlet and outlet horizontal ports. Two brass plugs are included for blocking off the unused ports. Three mounting holes are provided. A variety of filters may be used form the list."

Wix #24770 & Napa #4770 Filter Base

"PARTS DETAIL
Principal Application: Remote Mounting Base - Accepts 1-14 Threaded Filters. (Dual Inlet/Outlet with Female 1/2 NPT)
Note: Remote Mount Spin-On Filter Bases
This remote mount base may be used in a variety of applications including lube, fuel, hydraulic and transmission. It features double inlet and outlet horizontal ports. Two brass plugs are included for blocking off the unused ports. Three mounting holes are provided. A variety of filters may be used form the list."

Now of course with these bases you can use any filter with the correct filter thread . My truck I used a 12 micron filter from wix alota diesel guys say a 10 micron to be honest use whatever you're comfortable with I'm NOT a diesel mechanic so really I'm going off what I've read on forums for other trucks

A more pricey way of filtration is AIR DOG II systems these are awesome systems with dual filters and a built in electric pump but I mean if you got a turbo and lots of money to spend I wouldn't spend my money there that's just my opinion but still an option for diesels http://www.pureflowairdog.com/airdogII.php

Another alternative especially someone in colder climates is the stanadyne FM series filters a few members have done these systems like the FM100 they make multiple variations for different applications or something that'll suit your needs . I love that they have built in heaters and another with built in lift pump for easy air bleeding . http://www.stanadyne.com/docs/pubf/FM Brochure 99966 lr (6).pdf

Another thing to think of doing which I may be doing soon on my truck is a Alliant Fuel Transfer Pump AP63440 or any diesel transfer pump. I love the idea of this especially dealing with air in the fuel system after changing the fuel filter.
http://www.xtremediesel.com/alliantfueltransferpumpap63440.aspx.

There's many systems out there for Diesel engines this is just what I've come up with if anyone has other systems feel free to post part numbers. I'm only posting this to make someone's life easier and give them more than one solution to fuel filters . I hope this helps any future members with there choice in diesel filtration systems to remove the stock leaky system ..I'm not a diesel mechanic proceed at your own risk this all comes down to what and where you're going to spend your money. Everyone has an opinion on what to do so do what you think is best for your application . If there already is a post of these ill feel pretty stupid so sorry in advance Good luck and happy truckin

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks