• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spin on oil filter kit

panshark

so I might sound like an idiot cousin crashing a very serious poker game, but what are the prices in question? I.e., how much to pony up for a set of spin-ons from each vendor?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
jatonka spin on kit all around on fuel and oil. I agree they aren't real cheap but I feel they pay for themselves in the long run in start up oil pressure and replacement filter cost/availability.

crazywelder72

I never knew JT had any videos. I know mine are out there. What's the link?

As for the fittings(nipples), I do sell just them. I have sold hundreds of them to guys that can make the plates.

WoW I am such a :cookoo:. I just went to find the utube link because I saved it to my favorites and I WAS WRONG. :whistle:

It was you Westfolk, that was emailing me, and it was your videos i was watching.[thumbzup]

So let me say this loud and clear. Thank you Westfolk for making the videos for all of us to enjoy (and learn some, like the check valve in the secondary fuel filter) and thank you for responding to my emails that evening I spoke about earlier.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have Westfolk's oil spin ons and they are great. I just bought Jatonka's primary fuel spin on. I like using the original base and mount.
:ditto:

My thinking too, but also included the secondary fuel filters from John.

I had just bought all of the "old style" filters before I decided to switch.
I suppose I'll clean up all of the old parts that I took off and store everything together in (another) box in the attic for, "just in case". I don't like to throw truck parts away.

Last edited:

Flyingvan911

I will get the secondaries eventually but the stock secondary cartridges are easy to change. The primary is a bugger so I'm going to put the spin on adapter on when I change the filter. The oil spin ons bring up the oil pressure so much faster.

I also am saving my original parts just in case. It can't hurt to have them around.

westfolk

WoW I am such a :cookoo:. I just went to find the utube link because I saved it to my favorites and I WAS WRONG. :whistle:

It was you Westfolk, that was emailing me, and it was your videos i was watching.[thumbzup]

So let me say this loud and clear. Thank you Westfolk for making the videos for all of us to enjoy (and learn some, like the check valve in the secondary fuel filter) and thank you for responding to my emails that evening I spoke about earlier.
Oh, no problem at all. I thought maybe JT did have videos....and I wanted to see them.
I'll try to do what I can for people. I do this stuff not as an income rather as a hobby, that does give me a buck or two. I just enjoy the idea of things I make being on trucks all over the world. As of now I'm on 5 continents. So far no one in Australia or Antartica wants any.

Sumner

I have got westechs spin on oil filters on my truck and am very happy with them. He even fabbed me up custom threaded adapters so I could use the larger filters on one of his older kits. Great guy to deal with!

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got primary, seconday, and oil spin-ons from John at JATONKA. Going to install them this weekend. I have bought several items from John, and as someone already mentioned, his advice, knowledge and direction are worth way more than the excellent products he sells. He takes the time to answer questions in a manner easily understood. Great guy, great product, and his prices are more than reasonable in MHO! (y):giggle:

V8srfun

At this time is Jt the only kit ready for purchase? I know westfolk will provide the schematic to machine the pieces but does not make them any more.

davidb56

So if the kit filters have a anti drawback valve, I assume you cant drain them down before replacing them. Do they make a big mess like the original filter, or is it mounted and relocated to replace them from under the housing like a tractor?

V8srfun

So if the kit filters have a anti drawback valve, I assume you cant drain them down before replacing them. Do they make a big mess like the original filter, or is it mounted and relocated to replace them from under the housing like a tractor?
it is basically the same as a car filter just bigger so therewill always be some oil mess when changing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks