• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spindle bolt and ball joint replacement question

ADKM1009

Planning on doing my passenger side ball joints. Need to replace a couple of the bolts on the knuckle that hold the spindle on while I have it pulled apart. Does anyone know what size of bolt to use as a replacement and are they threaded in or pressed in? Anything I need to know about getting the old studs out? For the ball joints, reading through the threads here it looks like I should get the socket for the nut on top and (to make life easier) and rent the ball joint installation tool from an auto parts shop. Any other tips before I undertake this? Thanks in advance; this forum has been hugely helpful for working on my truck.

ADKM1009

Oh, and I guess I should have specified that this is for an 1986 M1009, and the reason I am hoping someone can tell me the bolt size is the M1009 is kept out in the country so I need to order the parts in advance in order to be able to do this in one weekend. Tough to get parts where the truck is.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks