• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spindle bushings replaced.

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replacing the bushings on my spindles.

They are at the machine shop now. To what clearance should they be reamed?

davidb56

depends on the size and material of the bushing. .001-.002 is usually fine for a Oil-lite bushing. The Machinest should know that as there is a industry standard chart for common bushings.But I dont know what type of bushing you got. Im assuming you are talking about the bushing ID After its installed in the spindle.

Last edited:

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Correct. NOS busing being installed for new axle so will likely need to be reamed to fit the journal. Don't know what an oil-lite bushing is but these are grooved to pickup the knuckle grease...I think.

davidb56

If I were doing it, I'd just slide it over the axle to make sure it was the correct one and slap it in, then go. But I only drive about 10 miles a trip max, so it will last me forever.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks