• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spindle

nspctr1

I finally found out what the vibration was on my 998. While going to a meeting yesterday morning the front rt wheel decided to depart from the vehicle. Turns out whoever performed the last maintenance on it did not use the locking tabs on the washers to lock in the nut. The threads are a little beat up where it came out of the hub and not sure what parts were lost when it came apart. There is a bearing and what looks to be a race still on the spindle and looks like everything else is still inside the hub but won't know until I get time to tear it down. Im probably just going to buy a new spindle and see what other parts are needed. From the looks of it the bearings etc look good with no pitting or heat marks.
Should I rebuild it completely? Any place better than the other to buy from? Do any of these parts cross over that can be purchased from a regular auto parts store?

Thx

comanderfritz

I rebuilt one, it isn't too difficult. You can order most everything surplus parts wise. You might as well replace all the seals with new ones while it's apart, or at least check them. Check the ball bearings. Be careful with those threads, it cost me a spindle. Had the learn the hard way.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks