• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spinner wheel

Westex

Members, do not put a spinner wheel on your steering wheel! It will cause great pain (eventually) when you let that baby loose. I thought I could be Steve McQueen with a spinner wheel and it finally caught me today, right on my wrist, and busted a vein in my right wrist. It's coming off tomorrow. For what it's worth.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I thought this was going to be about the "spinner" rims. Some genius started selling hub-caps that looked like spinner rims. I tried to find some 20s to put on my stock deuce rims, but no love. Drat!

Westex

O.K., sorry. I'm serious though, guys, I'm taking the spinner wheel off my STEERING WHEEL. If I EVER see spinner wheels on a deuce, I'll have a stroke.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I actually had one on my deuce and it was horrible. How did you get yours to stay in place I ripped mine off the wheel in 2 days. Guess I shouldn't have tried it with manual steering.

Westex

My deuce is manual steering, and that is why I posted with the heading. It really hurt when it came around today. Busted a vein in my right hand which looks really ugly right now, even with ice on it. I initially put it on the steering wheel to try and make better turns on the snake backs and double backs (ZZ top) leading into a piece of property I own near the Big Bend of Texas. Ain't working and it's coming off tomorrow. Spinner knobs on steering wheels are for old Macks in the movie "Duel".

wehring

Hey Stu

Hey Stu,

Sorry to hear about your pain. The next time you are in H-town consider making the trip over to drive this bobber with full hydro steering. One finger steering with no backfeed from junk the tires hit.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Ataki

Yeah, I always referred to them as "suicide knobs" as well. I learned this lesson the hard way myself, That **** thing can have some impact when it comes around.

FormerNewMVGuy

Yeah, i came pretty close to breaking my wrist to, had it on the deuce for backing them short 105 trailers up. But went wheeling one day and "CRACK" in the wrist and off it came..LOL

I do have one on the 813 though, but power steering is a different animal ;)

goldneagle

If its in the way on top of the wheel flip it to the other side! Then you will know what real pain is! THis is for you masochists out there!:oops:rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks