• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Split boot for outer CV axle 10k success!

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Original split cv boots were glued/sealed together. The original ones were not able to hold up dependably. This design is light years ahead of the first ones. Split cv boots have been around a long time and do the job they are intended to do.

These are Chinese as almost all Dorman/Motormite products are sourced oversees.

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Takes maybe 30 mins to reboot a shaft.... just saying.. nice bush fix, but I'll be interested in hearing about the longevity.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Original split cv boots were glued/sealed together. The original ones were not able to hold up dependably. This design is light years ahead of the first ones. Split cv boots have been around a long time and do the job they are intended to do.

These are Chinese as almost all Dorman/Motormite products are sourced oversees.
The only hitch I can see with the split boots are that on the HMMWV they turn nearly twice as fast as any other half shaft without gear reduction hubs, that is quite allot of centrifugal force on an out of balance boot.
I can strip the Chicom boots off of the import shafts when approaching triple digit speeds, the factory ones seem to hold up well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks