• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spongy Brakes?

hof3414

This weekend we had a Deuce get together at our buddies shop. We had four trucks total and ended up working on 2 of the 4 (go figure). Anyway I' ll start by saying when I got there with my truck everyone was checking it out and we started talking bout air pressure readings. I said mine was around 75-80 most of the time. Everyone else was running around 100-120. So we bumped my pressure up and got in to hit the brakes and steel brake line popped. It had a pin hole where it had been rubbing on a hex nut. Removed entire length of line between two T fittings and installed new line. Went through bleeding the system and brakes still seem spongy. Now before any of this happened the brakes were spongy and I figured once I bled them it would be fine. However after we bled every wheel and air pack multiple times it does not seem to be getting any better. I ordered a new master cyclinder and airpack. I will try those when they come in. Anyone else have this problem any solutions? Also I checked wheel cyclinders which show no signs of leaking.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks