• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spooky M101A2 camper build

i8boots

I decided to put on aftermarket lights on mine and the sealed marine lights had a little bracket for a plate so I didn't need to drill.

wswinter

Thanks harleyhouse for the pics of the license plate. Does anyone else have pics? I got my trailer back yesterday from the sandblaster. He blasted/primed/painted/lined the whole thing. Really like the scorpion lining around the edge. Next step is to get the tub painted to match my truck. Also, now the front jack has decided to just spin and not lift the trailer anymore. Any ideas? I plan to put the tongue on a jack stand take it off to see if I can do anything to fix it.

20170924_150540.jpg20170924_150552.jpg20170924_150601.jpg

TaylorTradingCo

Holy crap, that was the nicest M101 I have ever seen go for $300!

I just bought one that had the same issue with the jack. I thought it might have just over extended and come unthreaded, but when I took it apart, there was a piece broken inside that I will have to fabricate.

wswinter

20171006_164158.jpg20171006_164203.jpg20171006_164237.jpg

Working on the trailer more since it is finally cooling off in Florida. Changed the shocks out to KYB 344428. They fit perfect.

wswinter

Also got tires on the new wheels. Ran into a snag mounting them. The nuts that are on the original wheels are too short. I am not able to get a socket around them and into the hole on the new wheels. I am thinking I am going to need some sort of longer lug nut to fit in the hole and stick out far enough that I can get a wrench around it. Does anyone know the thread pattern and bolt size for the shoulder bolts? I googled the part number out of the manual and can't figure out the thread size/pattern.
20171022_160329.jpg20171022_160338.jpg

wswinter

Ok. Think I found the lug specs. Does this check? Would a 9/16-18 with 3/4 hex work as well? Does the 3/4 vs 7/8 hex matter a lot--other then for strength of the nut?

Specifications: Height: 3/4 in
Hex Size: 7/8 in
Thread Pitch: Right
Thread Size: 9/16-18
Type: Open Nut
Seat Angle: 60 deg.
Finish: Zinc
Features: Zinc plated for corrosion resistance

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks