• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

spooner, Wisconsin rallly

dozenjeeps

Just got back from one of the best Military vehicle rally I have ever been at!!! Kevin Kronlund and the Red Arrow, Red Bull orgainization put on the best MV Rally that I have ever attended... Started out with everybody that wanted to, got a chance to ride all types of Military vehicles that float!!! I got to ride in a Weasel, Gamma Goat, GPA, and another that I forgot!! Then we went on a great Convoy and my Mutt made the trip in style with a AT6 and Bird dogs strafing us along the route!!! Later I got to ride on a Sherman tank inside!!!... That evening Kevin who is also a excellent pilot with another unknown pilot took off in their bird dogs and flew into a search light in the sky!! It just keeps on going !!!! The next day was even better for me!! I was able to fill in my last Bucket list requirement... I pestered the pilot, Dave Schmitz for two days to get a ride in the AT 6 Warplane which I have always admired... Dave sqeezed me in and what a ride.!! we did a couple of rolls and high speed (200 mph) strafing runs on the air strip.... what a thrill, I have flown small planes and still fly a ultralight but nothing compares to this!!! Anyway thanks to the Kronlunds, Spooner Amvets, all the volunteers and drivers of the various vehicles for one of the most exciting and memorable weekends in my 63 years on this planet!!!!....craig Neubauer, Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin......

englishmauser

Last edited:

skinnedknuckles

Hey Craig,
I bet it will be awhile before you can get that smile off of your face:lol:. I got some pictures I'll have to post them as soon as I get a chance. It was great meeting up with other SS members . We had a nice campfire going Saturday night although it wasn't quite as bright as our neighbors :shock::lol: I think it was a great time had by all that attended[thumbzup]
Paul

dozenjeeps

spooner rally

Yeah Paul, great time, it may have been a long drive but well worth it... fun to get together with all the people and especially for me to get my ride in the AT6, I must admit that warplane ride was my highlight of the trip!!! Hope the pics turn out that you have as it will be a great memory.... see ya at the next get together no matter where it is!!!
craig

CatMan

Spooner WI Fall Event

The rally at Spooner is always a good time. No vending so lots of time to visit with friends.

This is my time to get dirty with Kevins WWII Cat D-7 Dozer. This year we had it loaded on the Rodgers Low Boy and pulled it to the work/play site with the M-20 Diamond T. Now this would be my ultimate parade and MV show rig!

Cat Man

Attachments

Roller

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Excellent event! Wife and I had a good time with the M37 and met a lot of people including Skinned Knuckles and his girlfriend. AMVETS had good food each day and seeing the tanks, amphibians, and bulldozer working was a treat.

Frank

dozenjeeps

spooner rally

hey, what a great pic, Pauls girlfriend sent me one like that also, I am expecting a picture from the Photographer that was selling pics of the AT-6 also, he had the pilot make a high speed (200 mph) strafing run of the airstrip when he was in the tower, I still had my part of the canopy open so am looking forward to that pic!!! I did shut the canopy when we started doing rolls!!! something about falling out made me do that!!!! even with the chute on and safety harness, the canopy gave me a little more security!! but as soon as the rolls were done it was open again!!! Just a complete great time and what a great bunch of MV"S and people...what a great hobby!!!

dozenjeeps

spooner rally

Hey Dr Greg was supposed to let me know the details of the parade for Mike at McCoy... he must have forgot me, I am up for trips anywhere there is some free beer and food, you know retirement is tough on just Social Security...... I saw the write up like they had a good time at MCCoy also.... anyway it would have been impossible to beat Spooners bash!!!

Like we had talked, if the parade was on the same weekend, it would have been great to hit Spooner. But my Deuce ass could not take another major trip. I would have loved to be there, it sounds like you could not have a really good time without us.
It was a major expense to have Mike drinking my beer, much less dozenjeeps. If you would buy once, you may get invited more often.
We are going to have a meeting of the minds this weekend, regarding a fall get together (Poofstock Fall). We may not have tanks, but I'll probably get tanked, close enough.
Sorry I missed you all.

dozenjeeps

spooner rally

Sounds good to me, hope its soon as I go out to North Dakota on two different week trips in October Duck hunting and helping the local drinking establishments with deleting their stock of whiskey and beer...And how fast we forget, I bought a full case of Beer for Dr. Greg at Iola military show, but he probably drank it the nite he was on one and forgot where it came from!!Anyway keep me informed about Poofstock as last spring I was even promised a free Deuce from Dr. Greg and maybe I can pick it up and pull it back with my MUTT on my way back home... it will be a great weekend!!!!

kennys@wi.rr.com

Well as per my conversation last night with Dr Greg, we are planning our meeting around 13:00 today. poof may be late I'm told. It's not Sunday so he can't be in church, can't imagine why he would be late???? Anyway back on topic. I'm pretty sure we have decided that poofstock was a great name for a great time in the spring, we need to change the name for our fall gathering. So this fall it will be called poofstalk. It goes well with the whole CUCV in the corn field incident and being harvest time and all. So we will post details when we get near a computer after out meeting of the minds. May take a while for us to find some minds to meet with though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks