• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

sprag case bad

89deuce

my truck has a sprag case and is bad it slips except in 1st and reverse. is their anyway to fix this i only use it in the woods and to haul the mud truck out. (ocasional in town driving). is my only option a airshift i read about the reb kit but i called the company that made them and they dont make them anymore can anyone help me.

ASTFU

the sprag only works in first and reverse? You can do a conversion to air shift ther are plenty of guys on here that have the parts needed.

Last edited:

JDToumanian

You need the whole case, plus additional parts - the air toggle switch, bracket, pressure switch, wires for the indicator lamp, and some pipe, hose, and plumbing pieces.

To internally convert a sprag case to an air shift case is technically possible, but difficult, and sourcing the required internal parts that are different and the trouble and expense to do this work makes it impractical when there are plenty of complete air shift cases available to swap.

Jon

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
my truck has a sprag case and is bad it slips except in 1st and reverse. is their anyway to fix this
Yes: disassemble the shift rod, clean, inspect, re-lub, re-assemble all components, adjust as indicated in the link above.

See how it is supposed to function and how it may look like inside your tube, here: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/32130-shifting-sprag-tc-how-works.html
Besides simple mal-adjustment the coil spring may be weakened from rust or even broken in two.

Both your internal sprag clutches themselves are OK, if you have front wheel traction at least in 1st & R.

G.

Bill W

I have a sprag tranfer case here in Georgia ( 30205 ) for $100.00. I bought it to put in my deuce but had since found a airshift.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks