• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sprag & Lockers

cbvet

Well, I finally got a little time to work on the M813A1.
Replaced the alternator with a used one I picked up. Working fine. Not difficult.
Tested sprag by putting front bumper against big oak tree. It works! Found out that with the 1400 Michelins, the engine would die before the tires would spin, when in 1st gear high range. Had to use low range to make them spin. Those big tires really bite.
Also determined I don't have Lockers, but that's no big deal to me.
It has the engine block heater installed. I left it plugged in over night, & that works well too. Could actually feel the heat upon opening the hood, & it started right up.
Still have to check all the fluids, fix the wipers, & a few other small items.
My first love is my faithful Deuce, but this 5 ton is sure fun to drive.
Thanks to all who offered suggestions & info.
Eric
CBVET

emr

I wish U the best of luck!! I have put my 813 a1 in some pretty tight spots, i dont have lockers, but they really dont need em for anything we will do, they are increadable trucks, as a life long 4by4er,i was so impressed with the off road perf. that i just cant say enough, As for u loving Your deuce like U do, funny i just said some similer stuff in another post a to a guy who wants to buy a deuce or a 800, i said do the deuce first! One thing i LOVE about the 800 is that long hood swinging around when turning, its funny how big the m35 hood used to look!!! All the best with those nice trucks u have! Randy

Cdub

Glad to hear you’re making good progress with the 813. I myself am glad I went straight for the five ton and not the deuce first because for me...bigger is better..Hahahaha

Having that block heater will make all the difference when starting when the temps drop below 40 degrees or so. Having the engine pre-heated with cause less strain on the batteries and starter. I'll plug in the heater the night before and the NHC-250 will start just like if you turned her off.

Good Luck......and keep us posted with your progress.....

Cheers,

C'dub

emr

Hey C, Dub!! the guy had a chance to get a 5 ton tractor, not most peoples first choice, I have to say Your 900 is one of the best!!! And If i sold all my trucks i would keep the 900.I just painted the glad handles,very very fun!! started lettering,also very very fun!! need to figure out unit #s , i think im going to make up my own personal unit? why not i guess!! I do love Your truck!!! Lockers make it just that much better ! Randy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks