• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sprag modification to Manuel Lock-In

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ODdave is right, you can get the setup you need for reasonable, in fact, i could set you up with the case and everything else you need for $350 if you want to make a drive south :)
Have tried downloading the from the resources section here ?

HASSON1911

Well, I would love to look at the TM but it doesn't load on the computer, also i don't know where the mutiny is coming from I just wanted to make sure we were all on the same page.:| Also MY mistake its not a shear pin but a key! Sorry for coming off stubborn just like to make sure everyone is on the page before i start throwing ideas out- It's burnt me more than once.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your computer won't download the TM's you need to spent $5 and order the cd of TM's off e-bay . If your going to own a military vehicel you need to have the TM's.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Its off topic but do you have any luck googling TM's? My computer dosnt want to download them from jatonka. I have the paper ones but didnt feel like going to the garage last night and had zero luck just using a search engine. Is there a website that dose not require downloading?
We have them here, have you tried downloading them from here?

I downloaded all of them and when I am doing a job, I print the relevant pages and tape them to the truck and when I'm done, throw them away.

I've had no issues downloading them from here or jatonka's site...................... I assume you have Adobe Acrobat installed?

I have looked and never seen TM's uploaded in a full, readable (non downloadable) format.

ODdave

Yes, I have tried downloading. I think the problem is with my computer. I have the paper ones, Just was curious if there where readable ones without downloading. Thanks guys.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
MEMPHIS at one tine had a kit to eleminate the the deuce surag, it worked with a lever to engage/disengage, and parts to replace the sprag,

bjsmith

i have the reb kit i just bought from a member to replace my sprag i havnt had time to install yet but will be installing soon it has new gears and shifter looks like it will work good only time will tell

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i have the reb kit i just bought from a member to replace my sprag i havnt had time to install yet but will be installing soon it has new gears and shifter looks like it will work good only time will tell
What about taking pics of the parts of the kit, maybe scan the the instructions, and do a bit of a write up on the kit, i would guess a LOT of sprag owners would like to see how the kit was done :beer:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go ahead, blame it on the shear pin. Shear pins get all the abuse and no glory for the countless $$$ in parts they save. Shear pins are like the red headed step child of the industry.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What about taking pics of the parts of the kit, maybe scan the the instructions, and do a bit of a write up on the kit, i would guess a LOT of sprag owners would like to see how the kit was done :beer:
Post number 15 has a link at the end of the post , for a thread on the REB kit it has pictures in that thread.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The first issue I would solve is, how to download(and save) the TMs.

HASSON1911

Post number 15 has a link at the end of the post , for a thread on the REB kit it has pictures in that thread.
that is my kit thats the guy i bought it from just have to install
I forget who supplied the pics, but thank you very much! my dad understood it all the second he saw the pics, but it was greek to me. So now, my job is to find the proper gears and spacer and other essentials to slap it in. I thank you guys for your help even if you think i came off stubborn, sometimes I need it I guess its my thick German/Swedish skull! :beer:

ODdave

I forget who supplied the pics, but thank you very much! my dad understood it all the second he saw the pics, but it was greek to me. So now, my job is to find the proper gears and spacer and other essentials to slap it in. I thank you guys for your help even if you think i came off stubborn, sometimes I need it I guess its my thick German/Swedish skull! :beer:
Na, your fine. Your learning.
Were just a groop of grumpy sh!ts....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks