• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sprag or Air **** which is better.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Air shift, hands down. Had heard much more problems with sprag shift than air, and to be honest, there is nothing like sitting in the cab, hitting the air shift button, and knowing you are in 6-wheel drive.

ida34

Sprag has to start slipping for it to engage. You have to be somewhat stuck for it to start working.

Airshift can be engaged before getting into trouble to keep you out of trouble.

Capt.Marion

Air shift. While Sprags work beautifully when properly adjusted, I loathe anything complicated.

The only thing is, if you forget to lock your hubs (don't say a WORD), neither works very well at all...

nhdiesel

:ditto:

My '62 has the sprag, and it's not working in forward. I can't locate a sprag for an affordable price, so it's going to get swapped out for an airshift. I was hoping to keep this truck as original as possible, but my source for the sprag didn't work out.

Jim

nhdiesel

Sprag- Go into the nasty, get half way stuck, and HOPE it kicks in.

Airshift: Flip lever, it DOES kick in, you don't get stuck.

Except for a historically correct restored truck of a particular time period, for street use, I would go airshift all the way.

Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks