• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

sprag with a REB kit

odnorth

My new truck has a REB kit, it seems to be slipping when engaged slight banging, then no front wheel drive. Is there some adjustment needed on these, l'm going to crawl under it tomorrow, but l thought l would check here first.

JasonS

Mine will vibrate out of engagement after awhile on the road. It really needs some kind of detent to keep it in gear.

jatonka

I had a oil leak start unexpectedly on a deuce with a REB kit. Got under there and found the speedometer drive unit had come out of the front of the transfer case. Discovered the REB kit gear had come loose and worked forward on the shaft and knocked the speedo drive right out of the transfer case. Took the top Hat off, removed 4 loose bolts, cleaned threaded holes, locktited 4 new bolts in and all set to go. Your gear may be coming loose too. As far as coming out of gear while driving, my truck has a plate bolted to the top of the transmission that has 2 notches in it, one for in and one for out on the REB shift lever. JT

JasonS

Mine has the same notched plate in the tranny but will still vibrate into "disengaged". I believe that others have devised methods to lock it engaged.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks