• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sprague t-case issue

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi guys, I tested the deuce yesterday, tried Kennys' trick of using a tree, works great! The rears both spun, the fronts didn't. Did the test in low range, 1st gear, backed up, tried again, no front wheel spin. When I backed up and made a left turn to move away from the tree, the front end acted and felt like when the hubs are locked on my Chevy 1 ton turning on a hard surface, like the fronts were driving. Tried the test again, no front wheel spin. I saerched through posts and came across a link about an M211 front end not pulling. It described an adjustment to a rod at the t-case for the sprague. Does the M35 have this adjustment rod?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It does have a link from the back of the transmission top (1-R shift rail) that goes to the transfer case. It has an internal spring and my bet is the spring is bad.

Desert Rat

The easiest solution is to convert to an air-shift case like I'm doing. The sprague is nothing less than a major problem with few benefits. So far that overgrown boat anchor has cost me $1K in replaced drivetrain parts and another case.

Scoobie-Steve

I did the same test with EXACTLY the same results, pulled on a stump and rears spun in both foward and reverse, front did nothing. Then after that drove it around for a bit and it felt like a 4x4 with the hubs locked....it bound real bad when turning, then I heard (and felt) a pop, after that it was just like before. I didnt dig into my t-case yet but I think an air shift is the way to go, I dont like the idea of a sprague

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, I got a new link for the 1st rev. shaft. I have looked through all the 20 and 34 TM's I have and can't find how to adjust it. Can anyone help? Also looked through the 9-2520-246-34 posted here.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks again guys. Man, thats alot of pages to look through, I looked for two hours last night. How do you remember where the things you need are in the mountains of pubs?

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed and adjusted the new link last w-end, now it works in R, but not forward. I don't have the time to R&I the case. Antelope Valley has new spragues, $240.00, anyone got a doner t-case that's got a decent sprague in it they'd be willing to sell?