• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spring applied hydraulic release brakes

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have experience with spring applied hydraulic release (SAHR)(fail safe) brakes? Seems like 5 ton air brakes.... but hydraulic.

I bought 5 foot pedal units, complete with tandem modulating valves and a dual accumulator charging valve, thinking I could adapt them to control a sawmill.

The first 4 pictures are the complete brake unit with stainless piping and a mechanical (cable) throttle pedal and the next is the brake modulating valve and the last is the dual accumulator charging valve.

Here is a link to the MICO spec page for the tandem valve (dual circuit brakes)(go to page 16).

https://www.mico.com/sites/default/files/document-pdfs/84466001Hydraulic Brake Valves_0.pdf

Attachments

Last edited:

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Frank, I removed some.

While I'm reasonable in hydraulics, the MICO foot valve above has me scratching my head. I hope the Mfg will provide some insight into the operation. Brakes applied by modulating pressure off is harder to envision than it would seem. Using them for other hydraulic functions is a real challenge.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks