• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spring AROKMOTXKS rally

wdbtchr

RE: Re: sleeper

Depending on my son's work schedule, count us as probable. I don't suppose there's any kind of motels in resonable driving distance around there? I really hate camping, especially if it rains.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter

A NCS (net control station) will be set up at the TOC (Tactical Command Center, that is, the main base camp area). There are three reasons for it: safety, security, and convenience.

We will be operating with alot of dangerous and expensive equipment, so if a radio is handy, go with the annex and it'll be easy to call for help if something goes wrong.

I realize there's no OPORD for this (yet?), but I've put together a commo annex. It's similar to what we've been using in the TXMF but simpler to read. Ok, so there's no one going to force anyone to follow it, but it's there.

Note the annex pertains only to comunications traffic with the net control station.
Otherwise, talk to anyone you wish! Use any band! No one wants to restrict anything, only to enable a service.

The NCS will have tall antennas and will reach out there, so it will extend your range if you must reach someone at the base and so therefore it's also for your convenience. Of course I won't be sitting inside the shelter all day, so I will rig up an external loudspeaker.. Those calling will need to give the base RTO some time to answer.

As usual with army stuff. 2 pages of pocedures and one page of meat.

So just make it through to page 3, and there's a table of what we plan to accommodate. I believe it is comprehensive enough so that just about any walkie talkie or pack radio will fit in.

It's also simple enough so that if you are not technical, you can just find your kind of radio in the table, and see what channels are suggested. I say 'suggested' at this time, because this is presented for review. If there is something you don't like or you have a radio that needs accommodated but is not shown, sound off!

Attachments

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Scouting party, please check cell reception with several service providers' phones if possible..

M1075

The next planning meeting for the rally is this Sunday night at 8pm CST in the PX chatroom. Join in if you can.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter

The next planning meeting for the rally is this (now) Sunday night at 8pm CST in the PX chatroom. Join in if you can.

M1075

Jason, when you make it out the park next, can you check for a loading dock? Or at least an embankment I could unload/load vehicles from a M127 flatbed trailer. Thanks.

1qwkgoat

I plan to go as long as something doesn't come up. Sadly I don't have a MV of any kind yet. But I'd be willing to show up early and help with any setup that there might be.

jasonjc

OK I can't fix the calendar but the RALLY is on for Fir the 25 show up Sat the 26 trail rides convory to lunch in town more trail rides/what ever Sun 27 brake camp and head home.

It ONLY 3 WEEKs away who is coming PLEASE post up.... I know there where a lot of maybe's where are you all..

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am coming. I just finished putting the air-o-matic cylinder back on the truck after doing some other work on the truck. Very nice to have that back on the truck.

SGT Slaughter is coming with me.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Too Big

It won't be ready for a road trip till this summer some time! But my new deuce will be! And by then I may have a M37 winch truck running as well.
James

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks