• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spring Brake Chambers

randygk

What is available for spring brake chamber replacements. It appears the diaphragms from Napa aren't exactly correct (& and my brother thinks we will die if we touch the chamber with the spring in it), and the complete chamber and stem from places online are NOS with who knows how old the diaphragm is. Has anyone found a replacement for whole unit or at least the pots?
Thanks

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
These are for front and rear service and rear spring. I installed some on my front chambers and they do fit.

http://www.eriksmilitarysurplus.com/airbrdifandr.html

As for the spring brake chamber removal, just ensure they are properly caged and you can open up the service side (smaller clamp). Just DO NOT attempt to open the spring side (large clamp where it says DANGER!)! Spring side is replaced as a complete unit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks