• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spring perches on a bobbed 5 ton using deuce springs

dilligaf13

I'm using M35 front springs to bob an old M813. My question is, what do you do for spring perches?

The M35 spring perch obviously isn't big enough to fit on the 5 ton axle so I'm thinking of using 5 ton perches but then I run into the issue that the M35 spring is 2.5" whereas the 5 ton spring is 3" wide. Thoughts?? Thanks.

bsome12

I'm not sure how others have done this but in the world of off-roading, it is common to remove spring perches and move or replace them. If it were my project, I would probably be lazy and find a way to use the 3" perches as they sit. Can you drill or grind the existing 3" perches so that your 2.5" "U" bolts will fit?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks