• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spring rally at rausch creek anyone?

PaFarmer

RC has 16,000 acres. There are 1,700 at the park. I expect that there is plenty of space for wind turbines and jeep trails. If not, there are loads more trails in Shamokin for free. I'm up for a trip in April.

StoneMill

Reading Anthracite has 20,000 + acres of land to ride on. Passes are $100 a year to ride anywhere they're not actively mining. Planning to take the deuce up there once it's back together.

powerhouseduece

OK guys, you want to try and set a date for the first weekend of April? Im sure the weather will be the same as this years fall rally, start raining when we showed up and stopped when we left.

No.2Diesel

Hi,

It is settled...The 1st Spring RC Rally will be April 2,3,4 2010.

Even this far out I'm not sure I could make it as it would be a few weeks apart from the NJMTA show at Sussex. (April 17-18 )Who knows, I enjoy getting away and camping so I'd still like to make it.

That is an interesting bit of info KaiserPower & Stonemill. Thank you for posting that. If windmills go up they would be placed on the ridges. The only trail that comes close to a ridge on the properties is the powerline trail and that is well below the ridge. I'm not certain about what kind of utility easement (or buffer) is required to surround the turbines but I doubt the operation of the offroad park would be (a)effected though ya' never know...

Thank you again for the continued interest...

Last edited:

StoneMill

Here is the website for Reading Anthracite Access passes. They sell passes starting in January. The passes are well worth it. You get a black and white map and are basically on your own to roam where you want. There are two security guards for the whole place. Only met one once in the past year. Nice guy, asked for pass number and moved on. Just about every terrain you can think of to test the deuce.
Access Permits - Reading Anthracite Coal

No.2Diesel

From the website:

"Permits give you permission to be on Reading Anthracite Company's properties, excluding those area where there is active mining or any other working facilities or any posted properties from sunrise to sunset. Permission is granted for recreational activities, excluding any overnight camping, dumping, swimming or any organized events such as races or parties. Permit holders may not have any type of fire on Reading Anthracite Company property. The use of alcohol and drugs on Reading Anthracite Company property is strictly prohibited."

I wonder how strict they are in terms of "organized events?" It would be neat to explore. Are there any structures equipment to see? You'd still need to find a place to camp etc.

Thanks again for that link. Thats pretty cool.

skidder

I schould have my 1970 M35A2 w/w done by then I will get with the guys up hear an have a convoy down RRRRRROOOAAAADDDD trip an camp out LOL skidder

JeeperDave

I think I may be able to make this one. I jus hope Dad will let me take the Jeep. I may also be able to convince a friend to come. Only has a Chevy Colorado but he may come anyway. Is there a deff date yet? Lookin forward to meetin you guys. Mebe get a ride in a m35.:-D

ironwolf85

Just finished painting and putting the 53's on the 818 and the Duce is ready for action so Depending on how many of my friends r commin I may have 2 bring Em both!

JeeperDave

Do you know of any place near York to go goose? If you do, try to organize a rally. Thats how these guys did it.

This will be the first spring rally. There better be t-****s. LOL I want to have something to remember the first time. (Plus vids and pics) Hope I can go. For the last RC rally there was official list of riders and vehicles. Is any one gonna do that for this one? Also, cost lists will help.

StoneMill

I don't know of any fourwheeling places open to the public in York. Does anyone in the area own a farm or a decent plot of land. I'd have it here but my acre and a half won't cut it.