• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

springer seat

Barneyszoo

Looking for a spring ride seat for my duice. Does anyone have one for sale? Looking for a nice one that is complete with good cushens ready to install.

JTugwell

be careful if you do what i did. bought a spring ride seat. great condition, but i cant install it until i find another bench seat since the existing one bolts to the drivers seat for support. you may know that already, but im new to all this.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a PS magazine article or TM blurb, on what to modify on the passenger seat, to install a spring ride drivers seat.

Southerneze

You might want to check the floorboard. After pulling out my bench seat I noticed two patches of painted over duck tape. Turned out to be exact bolt holes for a driver side seat. I bolted 2 night vision boxes together for a console. Works pretty good and things don't rattle around with the foam inserts.
Gary

Attachments

jimm1009

bench seat

The bench seat will fit either seat configuration but if you have a springer seat for the driver then the bench seat is attached using a supplemental frame going down to the floor and sits on top of the springer seat mounting plate.
When you remove the springer seat and go to a box seat, you just remove the supplemental frame and then the bench seat is attached to the box seat using the same bolts.
I have a picture of the supplemental frame that is needed for the springer seat but can't upload it until tommorrow since it is at home on the other 'puter.
Jim

PS: Does anyone have the reference area of the TM for doing the modification on the bench seat in order to be able to go to a spirnger seat? Perhaps it has the dimensions on the supplemental frame spelled out.

Correction to above...I have three pics of the supplemental frame that is required for the bench seat to be used with a springer seat. The first pic is taken fromt he frontal view as installed in the truck and looking to the rear of the truck.

Attachments

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Lose the bench seat...two springers with highback buckets (out of a rice burner) in place of the stock seats add a touch of Redneck class to the interior of a deuce.

The photo is of a springer I had recovered using a "GP Tiny" shelter half.

The guy that recovered it did a great job of putting the "US" (stenciled on the shelter half)
right in the center of the front of the seat back.

As mentioned the free space can be used for all manor of consoles.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need seating for 3 because of kids. I have been tossing around the idea of chopping a companion seat down to fit between 2 springers. With that said, I also have a HEMTT style seat, possibly out of an -A3. These mount on a riser. Anyone have a source for these risers?

saddamsnightmare

August 20th, 2009.

There was an adapter made to hold the driver's end of the bench seat when a spring suspension drivers seat was installed. I'm pretty sure the members here can get you dimensions and drawings so you can fabricate one out of angle iron. Sometimes the GI's just cut away all but the right side of the driver's seatbox, leaving that wall to hold the bench seat...... OR get another springer for your passenger, much better riding then the bench, but useless with a machine gun ring mount:cry:!

Cheers,
Kyle F. McGrogan

N>B> The bench seat does ride better then the troop seats in back....barely!

Last edited:

JTugwell

August 20th, 2009.

There was an adapter made to hold the driver's end of the bench seat when a spring suspension drivers seat was installed. I'm pretty sure the members here can get you dimensions and drawings so you can fabricate one out of angle iron. Sometimes the GI's just cut away all but the right side of the driver's seatbox, leaving that wall to hold the bench seat...... OR get another springer for your passenger, much better riding then the bench, but useless with a machine gun ring mount:cry:!

i guess i can make me a mount. however i really think i will just hold off installing this seat until i find another one. i do like the idea of having two spring seats. i got a deal on the one i picked up. ill just look around for another.

Armada

Since we're talking about springer seats and bench seat legs, thought I'd share some ideas and pics. I just finished refurbing and mounting a passenger springer in my M818. I'm also working on mounting my rt524 and vic-1 equipment in the cab. I used the bench seat support leg along with another one as the stand/base for the radio mount. Worked perfect!! I had to reverse the seat belt couplings on the pass seat to gain more clearance but it was not an issue. The vic-1 amp and controls will be mounted on the back of the cab. I'll post more pics once it's complete. I also installed the pto controls and linkage for the winch I added to the truck. The pto shifter lockplate has been added since the picture. The bench seat leg concept would also work great for mounting a console, jump seat, etc, etc.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks