• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

srodocker's "little" project

wsucougarx

I ordered a jeep heater today. I might have you post some pics of where you tied it into your cooling system. From a top view.
Hey Matt, here's how my heater is tied into the coolant system. It'll be the same with your Jeep heater. Looking at the pic, you'll go from the top hose(near thermostat) to your heater and back to the lower hose(near water pump). Might as well add a coolant filter and new hoses since you're going to be in there.

Attachments

srodocker

so today I worked on my truck and got to drive it! thanks dan!

So me and dan fixed my brake light issue as the darn thing was stuck open and we cleaned it up and works well now.

then we fixed the manifold heater fuel line and another fuel line.

then we added rubber around the hood so no more vibrating :)

then attempted to fix the wiper but i just have a bad wiper motor. i want some electric ones and heard m37 or hmmwv wiper setup is sweet so im going to look for those.

BUT for anyone wanting to do the LED bulbs like i did for the turn signals and taillights make sure to get a resistor as mine stopped working today and now either my flasher box doesnt work or my turn signal box doesnt as the green light doesnt work anymore and i tried 3 different bulbs for that unit. the blinkers work when i use it but the green light doesnt turn on.

all in all a good day!!! im so happy to drive it once again!

srodocker

well with my wrists anything over 20lbs is heavy. but they are a lot bigger. but managable. i'll have my spare mounted on the headache rack in the back flush with it and standing straight up. also mounting one of those spare tire cranes with a pully dealio on it. tomorrow i may turn up fuel and mount new tires. its all up to brad. brad is starting on his alaska trip project. his studabeker cab on a m35 series frame and running gear. with a chevy box van thing on the back. going to be sweet. we cleared a huge space between the buildings to work on it. took all 10 tires off yesterday :deadhorse: tons of tire changing yesterday!

Attachments

Last edited:

wsucougarx

Dont think you're out of the woods yet;-) Been really mulling the 395's on the '68 since the tires need to be changed out anyways. Either that or put the Stryker tires on the 109 and transfer the 109 tires to the '68...what to do.

srodocker

poured a bottle of the diesel treatment in. ran it for about a hr and a half today. seems to be helping a bunch. no white smoke coming out of the exhaust. i will check the oil and radiator tomorrow to rule out the head gasket. i was thinking someone maybe poured water into my tank. my fuel is a silver milky white color. bleh!

Josh

Thats what mine looked like after water. Id def drain and flush the tank. It took 6 blocks for mine to build enough pressure in the (I assume from the water) to make 3 of my injection lines to start leaking like crazy.

Attachments

wsucougarx

If you can, drain your primary into a glass jar and take a pic. Post it on here so we can see what this mystery sol'n looks like. Also does it have a different odor than what you're use to running in your truck? Did you happen to park your truck in Josh's neighborhood?

wsucougarx

Scott, I probably wouldn't drive your truck until you figure out exactly what's in your tank. To err on the safe side, it'd probably be a good idea to drain your tank, do a reverse flush on your fuel lines, replace ALL filters, and go from there.

srodocker

Yea it would. she still running though hheehe

yea. im not going to drive very far with it yet. going to try and do some stuff tomorrow but uhm gf has the day off and i guess were going grocery shopping. among other things on her list.