• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

srodocker's "little" project

jets1959

He's already burnt more retinas than an eclipse, and now he wants more lights??
where'd I put that spf 90??
Tell me about it. I am still seeing spots, at least I think they are spots, and hope it isn't permenent, when I was following him back to your place and he had his back up lights on. I think I got a sun tan as well! One of my dogs is typing this for me because I can't see the keyboard! rofl

Last edited:

srodocker

So yea uhm had a bearing failure tuesday...the wife and I are ok. heard a pop pulling out of the coffee stand heading to GL and made 2 turns and noticed the steering was really weird so i tried to slow down and well no brakes...was able to get her slowed down and pulled into a quicky mart place.

I was able to move my tire towards the frame with a finger...and then saw all my brake fluid running on the ground. called up dan and he said a hub retainer ring most likely. So cant be flat towed so called up lakewood towing. 200$ later and sending the 40' tow truck home after really good driving into my driveway. the deuce sits in the driveway.

Mike aka Amram came over yesterday and helped me inspect. well we didnt have any trouble getting the tire off as after we jacked it up the tire fell off...my outer bearings were in tiny little pieces along with any seals and little metal things...

plan is to head to brads to see what I can get part wise from him and order everything new for both sides....

so maybe this is a warning to some guys to do some PMCS before the summer hits hahahahahha

Attachments

wsucougarx

Yikes Scott! Have you noticed your hubs warming up after you've driven your truck? I have made it a habit of shooting my hubs with an ir gun after I've ran her for this very reason. Luckily no one got hurt...whew!

srodocker

thing was I always check my hubs. excpet if i run to the coffee stand or something with it down the road. well i guess those little city trips did it in.

going to gl to pick up 2 crated towbars for dan and dwayne. im going to head to brads today or tomorrow morning to see what he has laying around ugh!

Amer-team

Well that is better than I thought, when you said bearings, I thought the bottom fell out of your engine. Lucky that didn't happen when you were doing one of your high speed runs.:(

srodocker

sooooo

i need a front axle or a front hub and spindle. I can order the bearings and such online but the other stuff not so much.

brad had nothing so far going back maybe tomorrow to look.

anyone know of any sources.

wsucougarx

Yah Maurice ordered all his stuff through Memphis I believe. I've seen complete front axles for an average of $1200..you can blame that on the rockcrawlers and mudders;-). You'll probably have better luck to just order the parts you need.

jets1959

sooooo

i need a front axle or a front hub and spindle. I can order the bearings and such online but the other stuff not so much.

brad had nothing so far going back maybe tomorrow to look.

anyone know of any sources.
I am going out to dans tomorrow and we can go to brads before or after.