• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

srodocker's "little" project

srodocker

Jerry picked up the LMTV tops today and then we met up and i got my 2 from him. SWEET! now im just selling one and then i'll put the other one on....just need to find time to do it. the frame does need to be modded so cut and welded.

MATT any tips????

srodocker

Yea going to paint my soft top and cargo top this summer when i repaint the whole truck again. going to be sanding both the truck and trailer and doing a better job painting this time round

BadMastard

Hello!

Well, I got my cover installed on the m35a3c. I have some news.

The covers are NOT incredibly long compared to some of the camo colored ones I've seen. I mounted the lmtv frame on some posts I made from old 1" bolts and some angle iron. In order to get it to fit, I had to trim 5 inches from the bottom of the poles. My angle iron extends 3 inches past the ends of the bed, but looks sharp! Since I'm already desert painted, it looks pretty good.

You definitely get more head room on it, and you get a nice snug fit too. The rig is now ready for camping, even winter time camping!

Things to note- It had never been opened! Shiny!
It has two lengths of poles. short ones go in the front!
It has nice riveted straps on the poles. Don't pull too hard.
I have one extra! PM me if you want it!
Scott and I had fun with moving these from truck to truck. The crates were 300lbs each!
Pics.

Attachments

islandguydon

I just read this whole thread, I am impressed. All I can say is AMAZING.

You get 1 rep point from me and two thumbs up for your ingenuity and perseverance.[thumbzup][thumbzup]

BadMastard

Hey! I heard that scott!

Bring it on over! with two people, I bet we can be done in 1/2 hour. If you're tying it to your troop seats, pretty easy. If you want to make mounts, might take us a bit. Mine were made out of 1 1/2" angle iron and spare 1" bolts ( I probably have enough for yours). You also need some 4 1/2" bolts with my way, or with using tube steels (1 1/2" I think).

If anyone is interested, and don't want to Macguyver it alone, come on over! We'll talk, and work out the details. I'll also teach you all I know about welding (about 5 minutes) and turn you loose on it!

srodocker

Just bought more craftsman tools

some ratcheting wrenches, magnetic pickup tool, some pliers and a few other things. slowly building my craftsman collection!

going to be going to dans on saturday and putting my 12v alt system in!!

srodocker

its the kit from TM america. its a bolt on kit and just adding a 3rd batt and calling it good. shall be sweet. going to go buy 2 more 12v cig lighter outlets

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks