• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

srodocker's "little" project

srodocker

well me and dan got some stuff done yesterday. and rob aka firehound helped out with handing tools which was nice as me and dan were both ontop of the truck hahaha. we also mounted tank straps on for my aux tank. going to hopefully re route my brake cable tomorrow and this weekend add on the tank and lines.

also added the 12v alt setup. havent hooked up any wires to it as dan is going to make me a wire harness for it and be golden!

Attachments

AN/ARC186

well me and dan got some stuff done yesterday. and rob aka firehound helped out with handing tools which was nice as me and dan were both ontop of the truck hahaha. we also mounted tank straps on for my aux tank. going to hopefully re route my brake cable tomorrow and this weekend add on the tank and lines.

also added the 12v alt setup. havent hooked up any wires to it as dan is going to make me a wire harness for it and be golden!

I'll have the harness ready for the weekend, if anybody else needs some electrical work, stop on by, my in laws will be here this weekend and hate these trucks, so I'm hoping for a packed house....

Josh, should have your aux lighting harness ready by this weekend as well, just waiting for the bus bar,

ABN173

Scott, I am so glad I had the opportunity to assist you in the beginning of this epic journey you have begun! The truck is turning out very well! I will only have about 8 months left in the PNW, some that time I will still be deployed, and I have a couple of schools I have to attend between now and when I depart as well. For those that did not know already I will be PCS'ing to FT Hood, TX in September 2012. I'm looking for a decent M35A2 between now and then (I am planning on using it for DITY move so my settlement can basically cover the cost of the purchase) I also need a tow bar to pull my M1008. Anybody have any of the above items send me a PM please. I have seen some decent stuff at great prices but on the opposite side of the USA.

-Dale

srodocker

Excellent job. I am impressed. Whats the 12V alternator set up going to power..?

thanks! couldnt do it without help of all my buddies!
going to run 3 batts of course and im going to be running radios. cb, ham. also 2 or 3 cig lighters for electronics. running a 12v 2k winch for the bed to use as a crane. and the a power inverter off of that. maybe even some electric wipers.

srodocker

I'll have the harness ready for the weekend, if anybody else needs some electrical work, stop on by, my in laws will be here this weekend and hate these trucks, so I'm hoping for a packed house....
dan i'll be there first thing in the morning if you want :) just let me know what to bring and i'll be there. maybe bringing some metal pieces to cut for mounting my rear jerry cans.

Scott, I am so glad I had the opportunity to assist you in the beginning of this epic journey you have begun! The truck is turning out very well! I will only have about 8 months left in the PNW, some that time I will still be deployed, and I have a couple of schools I have to attend between now and when I depart as well. For those that did not know already I will be PCS'ing to FT Hood, TX in September 2012. I'm looking for a decent M35A2 between now and then (I am planning on using it for DITY move so my settlement can basically cover the cost of the purchase) I also need a tow bar to pull my M1008. Anybody have any of the above items send me a PM please. I have seen some decent stuff at great prices but on the opposite side of the USA.

-Dale
thats crazy your leaving us this soon dale! I found a deuce on craigslist i'll message it to you on facebook. towbar not to sure. brad has some pieces but no full on tow bars

Olywadan

Do you use the existing belts or do you get new ones? And not that shabby on my electrical. Can you ground 12v to the frame on a 24v system or does everything have to go back to the battery?

wsucougarx

Got a suggestion for you. If you notice, the mudflap just behind the passenger side fuel tank is longer. I highly suggest you find a longer mudflap and replace the short one on the drivers side. Or you can scab another short mudflap on top of your shorty to extend it down. It just takes one nice sharp piece of gravel stuck in your tread to knock a nice little hole in your tank;-)

srodocker

Good idea mike! i have a extra set of mudflaps i can throw one on.

dan with some help from me finished my 12v setup!!! runs like a charm! have 1 12v plug hooked up so far and now time to go get another and get my cb hooked up!

BUT next week the deuce will stay at dans until i get my head gasket replaced. its getting bad and im not comfortable driving it that much anymore. mine as well try to rebuild all my brake cyls too and do complete PMCS!

BadMastard

Got your offset wrench and huge torque wrench? Also might need a Valve grind kit from white owl. I probably won't be in town, but if you need virtual help let me know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks