• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

srodocker's "little" project

srodocker

sooooo note to self make sure you have the right size of exhaust flapper before.

1. using steel wool on chrome stainless flapper so paint will stick
2. finding where your buddy put the saw
3. cutting your exhaust

My buddy cut the exhaust and we both sat there and realized we didnt check the size. and well its a 4in flapper not a 3 1/2. so 15$ later i have a flapper on the way...

wsucougarx

Haha, need to get those pizza cutter tires updated on your trailer Scott;-) Couldn't help but notice the irony of your 07JUN post.
"...drag the trailer out from behind the WMO hahah" and your 3rd pic is you pulled up to a fuel station island:cool:
Thanks for the stack dimensions. I've been wanting to get out to measure mine for sometime now.

srodocker

yea its exhaust is 3 1/2. haha the irony...was running out of time so i didnt pump from tote hehe. i think im keeping the 900x20 on the trailer so it doesnt get any taller. maybe down the line i'll switch to 395's. i'll have to talk to brad. i would have to get 3 more? or you think just having 1 spare in the truck would be fine?

wsucougarx

Your truck looks real sharp with those 395's. I'm thinking 1 spare should be OK. However, if you're thinking about bugging out in her. I may want to have at least two spares.Have you tried putting a 395 in it's current spare tire location? I've seen a couple pics of guys just getting by putting a tire there. May be bit tight though.
Did you get your flappers from Jegs on ebay?

srodocker

Yea i love my 395s' was curising 63-65mph saturday. burnt through some fuel ahahhaha fuel throttle up hills hehehe. yea i thought about the spare going in the spare tire location but im already going to put it mounted in the bed standing up right in the right of the front of the bed. and mounting one of those ship boxes from brad on the other side. what im going to do is making is so only 4 of the 5 stave spots on the troop seats fold down.

yea i ordered my 3 1/2 from jegs but got the other one from my gfs father.

Danger Ranger

We want more pics of the truck itself, with 395s.....please.:jumpin:
It really looks good, but how bout a couple better ones if ya can.

I know you are replacing that top, but I like it, its pretty unique.

srodocker

im heading out to work right now but i will defiantly take some more pics of the 395s. also sometime this week maybe tomorrow im heading to my dads to drop off lumber so i'll take more pics.

top is cool but i want the folding winshield. plus im making my other hardtop like a t top heheh

srodocker

I did get everything greased no wheel cyls yet. next is the ebrake. just got my 2 new springs from eriks. now if i didnt leave my darn ebrake shoes at dans they might be on hahahah

srodocker

Went offroading this weekend more info tomorrow as i just downloaded some pics and go off work hehehe

the pics are in no order.

Series of events
-About to go ride quads when toyota pulls up with broken rear bumper
-Asks if we can help I grab a quad and scout the trails
-Trails will be tight
-take cover and bows off and head out with troops in back
-Had to do some crazy turns *theme of the recovery cant go around it? GO OVER IT!*
-30 ft strap tended to pull him sideways onto 2 wheels
-10ft chain i dug 6 holes in the ground and barley moved.
-8ft chain started to move more
-5ft yanked him like no other! he bounched off the stump you can see next to him
-deuce was not harmed in this event

Attachments

Last edited:

srodocker

more

there should be a couple videos soon. I lost my camera just waiting for people to send me there footage

Attachments

srodocker

Last edited: