• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

srodocker's "little" project

srodocker

well been REALLY busy lately as been camping tons with the truck and now i can sleep on the folding bed in my camper! heres what she looks like now. I wont be needing the camper until aug 17-19 as im going to do sand lake dunes in oregon and anyone can come.

so now its time to work on the TRUCK until then.

LIGHTS - so next project i want to concur is switching out the plastic light housings for some hella glass ones as the vibrations are way to much for those cheap ones.

12v SYSTEM - I also want to get this done soon. just have to buy the belts and alt. already have the brackets and going to pick up another batt this week. so i can add 2 cig lighters.

Maintenance - Going to do a filter change and change all fluids. cap off brakes. and fix all my toggle switches with different type of switches as the toggles arnt holding up either...

so i hope to tackle all this by the dune trip in aug!

Attachments

Metternacht

Nice, Have you considered a hinged panel of 3/4 ply that hangs flat but when the bed is lowered will swing out and support the bed? Properly designed it would be low profile and plenty strong. Just a thought.

Looks good. Keep up the good work.

srodocker

Yea this is all my dads work i just pay for the material hehehe. hes a carpenter by trade and wanted something on the side to do.

yea we may still go the route of the hinged idea. nothings set it stone yet. all trial by error

srodocker

Sooo went to brads on friday with dwayne and mike was there as well. after lunch me and dwayne put some D-rings in that i had already drilled the holes for and found out im missing 1 nut to finish off the right side of the bed. oh joy hahaha.

we also worked on the ebrake shoes and cable. did tons of adjustment and it still is fubar. tried to use it at home and she rolled. hopefully i dont need to buy another cable but we'll see.

will get pics of the bed tie down points hopefully today. going to take the old girl out for a spin

srodocker

Yea i need to. stupid work and working nights next time i can bring it over would be saturday as my buddy has thing on friday night. dang social life getting in the way! lol

texwatercop

oppps.... i think you are right.. i added it to here since he was posting about a 39k H1....... to put things in perspective.. its not mine... but i guess it went to the wrong thread.. sorry

srodocker

Well going to finish adding 2 more tie down points. finished the passenger side yesterday. hopefully i wake up with enough time to get the holes drilled in the front of the bed so the fiance can help when she gets off work

srodocker

Yea danger ranger. i've added 5 d-ring points to each side of my bed and then adding 2 to the front of my bed.

dwayne havent done aynthing to the break yet. whats your next day off?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks