• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SS Diesel Glow Plug Manufacturer

CA_LEO

Does anybody know if the SS Diesel Glowplugs sold here or here by INDUSA are made by Wellman? I do not want to accidentally order these and find out they are swellman plugs. I did a search and usually have very good luck doing that, but I did not find a direct answer if these are in fact the Wellmans. Thanks for the help!

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, so my dumb butt just saw the Diesel RX tag above the ones on INDUSA so I am guessing they are both going to be the Swellman plugs...
They are "Swellmans" - I've bought from him before - good company, bad glo-plugs (Wellmans)...

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm running Bosch in one CUCV and AC 60s in the other, so I'll be able to compare them.

Bosch makes good products, so we'll be good to go...

tankie88

I had a set of Bosch they must be about 6 weeks old.I always had to cycle twice to start.This week i have put in a set of 60's in now i only need to cycle once.I checked all the Bosch ones after taking them out with a meter and they are still good.

CA_LEO

I had a set of Bosch they must be about 6 weeks old.I always had to cycle twice to start.This week i have put in a set of 60's in now i only need to cycle once.I checked all the Bosch ones after taking them out with a meter and they are still good.
Just out of curiosity, did you check the relay to make sure you are still getting good output? I know you said the 60g's are working good for you but I am just curious.

tankie88

I have a new relay fitted as well.I did have a set of swellmans fitted about 5 years ago from INDYUSA they worked well but didn't last long.One after another they threw their hand in but not one of them were swollen.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks