• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SS GA Event lodging

Blythewoodjoe

I am now home in Blythewood and eating some real food. I found out my truck goes pretty fast for a deuce. Had a great time on the trail although my butt did pucker a lot.

Picture's to follow. By the way most of you look scarier in person :lol:

Joe Trapp
Assassin of Joy

alphadeltaromeo

Joe

I found it hard to keep up with you...but then again, my wifey in the cab and children in the back would have suffered more if I would have. However, it still was hard.

Blythewoodjoe

I didn't mind bouncing my own guts out so I moved faster than some of you guys with passengers. I got waved over on the way home while on highway 17 by a dude. I pulled over wondering what he wanted and he asked me what I did to make my truck go so fast. He told me he was behind me and I was going 60 most of the time. It turns out he has a deuce and it is real slow. I did clock myself on the interstate and I was indeed able to travel between mile markers in around 60 seconds. I found out a few minutes ago the GPS I had in the map box will tell me my speed :oops:

Kwai

Well, we made it back to Houston without any problems. My deuce now as 1634 miles on it (Gimpyrobb picked it up from GL with 50 miles on the odometer). Thanks again to Gimpyrobb and all the others who helped get my deuce to GA. It's a real runner. We cruised back to Houston, 900 miles in 22 hours only stopping for fuel, food and a quick 30 minute nap at 2:30 this morning. The deuce got a consistent 10 mpg at 55 mph on the way back and my F250 stupid-duty got 21 mpg at 55 mph (up from 15 mpg at 75 mph).

Sorry we couldn't stick around saturday but we all had to be back to work on Monday.

Mike, thanks for letting us sleep at your campsite. Sorry for the snoring but it's a special tactic we use to keep the bears away. Works perfectly.

I do hope the next event is a little closer to Texas though or I'm going to have to put a better cushion on the drivers seat.

devilman96

I'm havin trouble getting my tent stakes outta the ground. . . man its so peacful here. maybe I will go apply at the local wendys for fry machine opperator and just stay!!!

to long between vacations I guess. . . hope everyone makes it home ok today. I will prolly start treking tomorrow . . maybe . . . maybe not . . *sigh*

alphadeltaromeo

You're a trooper Mike. Quite honestly, I'm slightly envious of being able to stay up there. It's beautiful and lots to do. Was a shame we could only come for the day. Anyway, enjoy the rest of your stay!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks