• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ss is a bad influence

bratpackdad

I just saw that deuce for sale somewhere...I think it was a tour company of some kind??? Anyway, welcome aboard looks like a nice truck I am:beer: curious to hear what kind of shape it's in.

Varyag

It's ok man, we are here for you... taunting you with a new truck. They do funny things to families I'll tell you. I stumbled on mine and it really turned into a thing my family loves to have fun with, almost like part of the family itself. We do so many adventures in it. Like going garage saling in it just to have an excuse to burn some WMO.My dad got one and now we spend a heck of a lot of time gabbing on the phone about them.

You also won't find a better group of guys so share a hobby with.

Akicita

Welcome to the club.
I suggest you invest your spare change in a comfy cushion and some ear plugs for the long ride home. Should be fun, particulalry at this time of the year.

Yea that's right STEEL SOLDIERS is a VERY VERY VERY BAD INFLUENCE.:-x Why? Because I went and bought one. :? Now I have to go get it. :driver: Only 750 miles round trip. I will :grd: next week. Will let you know how the trip goes when I get back.
Hey, I have you beat! 778 miles round trip =) As Akacita said, definitely need some earplugs. I went the first few hours without, and probably lost a good percentage of my hearing. PLEASE do an inspection before you drive it. I checked the tires, brakes/air, batteries, lights, engine (leaks) etc, and it still ended up dying on me about halfway home because the tanks were dirty. Had to take the fuel pump off and run it in reverse to get the gunk out of there. Spare filters are never a bad idea - and remember, plan your trip, then double the estimated time =)

Seth_O

I bought my truck after a short visit to this site. My recovery was likewise 750 miles and came off almost completely without incident thanks to the help of a stellar SS member.

Enjoy it, every day coming home from work when I turn onto my street and see my truck in my driveway it makes me smile.

DRYGULCH57

As mentioned in an earlier post this Deuce is owned by a tour group service was done on the truck about a month ago. Done a couple of inspections when I was driving the BIG BOYS into the oil patches loaded with CO2. So I know what you mean inspect everything you can think of then inspect some more and you still break down. :roll: Hope this trip goes as good as the trip I took to get my 1949 Desoto 1100 miles and not a problem. [thumbzup] After all this truck is almost 20 years newer.

Last edited:

DRYGULCH57

ALRIGHT the DEUCE will be INSURED starting TOMORROW.[thumbzup] $21.00 per month with STATE FARM. NOW to get temp plates.
THEN RECOVERY TIME. :driver:Wonder if I can drive my car up into the back of this thing :drool: and come home that way? ALMOST :beer: TIME.

ALRIGHT the DEUCE will be INSURED starting TOMORROW.[thumbzup] $21.00 per month with STATE FARM. NOW to get temp plates.
THEN RECOVERY TIME. :driver:Wonder if I can drive my car up into the back of this thing :drool: and come home that way? ALMOST :beer: TIME.
Are they insuring it on a commercial policy as a farm vehicle? That's the only way I could get insurance through USAA/Progressive.

DRYGULCH57

I'll post pics when I get the truck can't give you what I don't have. :? I told State Farm 1967 Kaiser m35 gave them the vin# on the colo. title and that I wanted liability and they came back with the quote :cool: They wanted to know what I was going to use it for, told them to go get firewood and they said OK no problem. The insurance is the same liability I have on my Ford 1/2 ton
OK OK You want pics i'll give you a pic of my Desoto and my dog

Last edited:
I'll post pics when I get the truck can't give you what I don't have. :? I told State Farm 1967 Kaiser m35 gave them the vin# on the colo. title and that I wanted liability and they came back with the quote :cool: They wanted to know what I was going to use it for, told them to go get firewood and they said OK no problem. The insurance is the same liability I have on my Ford 1/2 ton
Hopefully somebody else can post some input here as well; you might want to check that insurance. I know that here in TX we need a commercial policy for anything over 10k lbs. If State Farm doesn't know that the vehicle requires a commercial policy and you get in an accident, there might be some issues.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks