• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

St. Louis Missouri - Welcome Home The Heros Parade

a1abdj

A large event is being planned on short notice for our returning veterans. It is going to be this upcoming Saturday, Janurary 28th.

There has been a lot of interest locally, with all of the news stations, and large corporations backing the event. They are seeking participants for the parade.

I have offered the use of my M35A3, through the organizers, to any group that would want to use it as the base of a float, a tow vehicle, or as a ride for any group who wants to be in the parade but would be unable to walk the route.

The organizers stated they were interested, but I have not yet heard of any specifics. Are there any other members in the area that would be interested in driving their trucks in the parade? If so, I would be happy to put you in touch with the organizers, or even assemble our own group to enter.

rrrr

I'm interested and not far from St. Louis.

You can PM me and I'll give you my cell. I can have two vehicles go, my deuce and 932a1.

Last edited:

rrrr

Here is some additional information. I'll be calling the number below to see if I can join in.

It is scheduled for January 28, 2012 (it’s a Saturday). You can get more information at http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/297327/3/Plans-for-Iraq-Veterans-parade-Jan-28th-move-forward and I am repeating the phone numbers and links below that you can use to get information, make a donation, or track activity.
· A planning meeting with the City's Office of Special Events is set for Tuesday.
· Anyone who'd like to help out, can call the group's volunteer resources coordinator at 314-276-8805, or email at iraqwelcomehome@gmail.com.
· Additional information and services to provide are listed at http://www.missioncontinues.org/welcomehomeheroes
· Finally, you can go to their Facebook page:http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/300720723305074/

a1abdj

Kristine Fields is the person that contacted me. I don't know how many people they have involved on the organization side. They were still working on the paperwork side of things as of the 17th, and she said she would be in touch again once they had everything in order.

If you e-mail their generic e-mail, you may want to reference her in the subject line.

Although I haven't done so, I had also considered posting on Facebook, as there seem to be many interested parade participants posting there.

Gearhead43

I sent my application in today with the same thought. We would like to honor a vet or unit in the parade. I hope to hear tomorrow if we are in or not. Would be great to meet up ahead or all enter together. Please feel free to call or email me at your convenience.
Thanks,
Chris 314-452-3923
christopher.r.heuer@ehi.com

a1abdj

Chris,

I noted on my application that there may be multiple people with military trucks from this site applying individually. After I faxed mine over, she called to confirm that she got my note. My application was placed with RRRR's so that the committee would place us together in the parade. I have no doubt that we will all be accepted. If they call you, feel free to mention my name (Frank Zykan), and that they have already starting grouping us together. I don't see any issue with us being grouped together in the parade.

Gearhead43

Frank,
Just learned that we are in for Saturday. Sounds like we are just supposed to meet at the staging area for placement. Will catch up with you when we get there and see if we can all group together.
Thanks,
Chris

rrrr

Well, it looks like I might be out ................... CRAP ! auaauaaua

I might have a business trip that will take me through the weekend. I'll post up when I know for sure. This was going to be awesome, can't believe it looks like i'll miss it :sad:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks