• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

St. Patricks Day Parade 2012

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got out to the first parade of the year today. Weather turned out awesome and so did the turnout. Heres a couple pics from the day. Enjoy[thumbzup]

Attachments

Stonepicker1

Great job Digger09, I was in the Delray Beach, Florida parade today also....temp was in the high 80's....and a there was a good turn-out on vehicles and people. I'm driving the M915A5 and my other Soldiers are driving the uparmored HMMWV's.......everyone loves the Military in these parades.[thumbzup]

Attachments

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went to the St Patty's Day parade here in Augusta, GA today... not a single MV. :sad: There was a Vietnam Vets group, 519th Trans Company vets I think, riding in a towed wooden military truck mock-up float.

Even the Veterans Day parade here in Augusta only had about 3 military vehicles. The parade committee needs to advertise.

Glad other communities have more interesting parades.

Stonepicker1

I went to the St Patty's Day parade here in Augusta, GA today... not a single MV. :sad: There was a Vietnam Vets group, 519th Trans Company vets I think, riding in a towed wooden military truck mock-up float.

Even the Veterans Day parade here in Augusta only had about 3 military vehicles. The parade committee needs to advertise.

Glad other communities have more interesting parades.
I know what you mean....my unit is the only one in south Florida that supports Military vehicles and Soldiers in parades. We have done three this year already and did over 15 last year.
There was three M151A1's in this parade, one had a 50 cal mounted in the back(no pictures, battery went dead)

steelandcanvas

St. Patrick's Day Parade: Denver Style

I took a few shots between talking with the Club Members this morning. It was a absolutely gorgeous day in Denver, perfect for a parade! This is the fourth year I have participated in this Parade and I have never seen such a large turn-out. The Weather Gods were smiling on us today! 70 Deuce was there with his camera, he may add some of his shots to the thread. Photo #1: Flag Jeep and Trailer, #2: Oldfart and Lady Oldfart, #3: Club Banner, #4: Lady Oldfart, #5: Mactiredearg, Oldfart, and Ghostrider, #6: Randy B and Jollyroger, #7: Lew L and Ron L (also reenactors). After the parade, we met at Brooklyn's Tavern across from Sports Authority Field and enjoyed lunch together. [thumbzup]

Attachments

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Marlboro the parade was in Newton N.J. Stonepicker 1 you cant go wrong with a parade with palm trees in the background[thumbzup] Looks like alot of fun! steelandcanvas im in the deuce and pappa smerf is in the cucv. We are fortunate that we have a parade coordinator in our club that over the years has built up quite a following of towns that request vehicles. We always seem to fill the town quotas so we dont dissapppoint anyone. On Memorial Day several of us will do 3 parades in 1 day which is alot of fun also. Im doing another parade next weekend and i'll be sure to post some more pics.

SteveKuhn

All Dressed Up, No Place to Go

We really were thinking of driving up to Newton to see if we could tag along with you guys, then go over to the house in Wantage. Instead, we spent the day taking care of some details to get ready for the parade today - until I got a calll last night that said it was last week! aua

My 1st hint should have been trying to Google the parade name and finding 3/11/12 and photos, but . . . auaauaauaauaaua

Anyway, we were ready for it.

Ringwood next week?

Steve

Attachments

Last edited:
A few pics from the Ocean View St. Patrick's Day parade in Norfolk, VA. Beautiful weather and a great crowd, 7 club vehicles as well as a deuce and an early Ford jeep with a couple of other groups.

Attachments

70deuce

Here is a teaser group of pics to be added to the Denver parade. A link to a HUGE slideshow will follow. Estimated 275,000 parade viewers this year. Record crowds.

Attachments

Gastrap

Looks like fun!

There was one about 50 miles from me. I would like to have gone, but I missed the pre-registration and didn't care for the $20 entry fee. I know most car shows charge because of prizes, but a parade?:cookoo:

mactiredearg

Here is a pre-parade video from the MVCC in the Denver St Patrick's Day Parade. Basically a walk around of our entry with 22 vehicles (including weasel and gama goat) and 7 trailers (2 on one Deuce)...

2012StPatsParadePreWalkAround

Next video will take another day or two to edit and upload. It will be a time lapse shot from the top of my M105 pointed forwards @ my M35 actually rolling through the parade. :driver:

As others have mentioned the crowd was huge and awesome! :grin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks