• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stacks possible?

scavind

Would stacks on a m1009 or m1008 be possible? I see them on bigger trucks (not really sure how large there trucks are), or trucks with longer looking beds. Would stack be possible if I bought one of these?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anything is possible with enough money. I have to ask WHY? The CUCV have an adequate exhaust system, in stock form.

Biggles

I've seen stacks on an el camino..........I'm just saying if you want it hard enough and your pocket is deep enough..................

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would stacks on a m1009 or m1008 be possible? I see them on bigger trucks (not really sure how large there trucks are), or trucks with longer looking beds. Would stack be possible if I bought one of these?

Expecting the big flood because of global warming? I've seen pics of Jeep Cherokees with intake and exhaust stacks, so why not? Just be sure to post photos!!!!!!!!!!!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Expecting the big flood because of global warming? I've seen pics of Jeep Cherokees with intake and exhaust stacks, so why not? Just be sure to post photos!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, post them on "People of Walmart"

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I'm just saying...............................................

Attachments

Matt65

It's possible, I say go for it. Some will like it, some won't.

ryan77

Yes , you can buy stacks off the internet, fab up some brackets mount them then have a exhaust shop bend the pipes, my buddy had stacks on his 85 chevy civy diesel pick up with no mufflers it was loud and awesome, the thing would fill up mcdonalds with fumes and soot :grd:when going through the drive thru...

Stacks are good on anything with a diesel. It is one of the things we specialize in. PM or call for pricing. Our stacks are custom designed for each application so they fit perfect and look proportionate, kits never fit right. Eric or Dan 888-454-8454.

Carl_in_NH

In Engineering, we make it a point to ask not if we can do something but rather if there is a compelling reason to do so. If the proposed idea fails the test of compelling reason, it dies right then and there. If the idea refuses to die after failing the test (perhaps because someone in Marketing is pushing the idea), then we place the idea in a burlap bag full of rocks and drown it in the river. Or perhaps the guy from Marketing.

jimmy-90

Type straight exaust into the search feature. someone posted some pics of an M1008 with large dual stacks on it. It also had a home made flat bed to go with them. All in all it looked ok and was running around some base in Iraq.

Last edited:

Tanner

Get Cletus & Bo at your local muffler shop to install a stack or dual stacks on the truck & when your friends & neighbors tell you that it looks like a$$, take it off, spend the money again with Cletus & Bo and have them install the normal exhaust system...

Or maybe you're looking to get the thumbs up approval from the teenage crowd? :mrgreen:

'Tanner'

mr.travo

I have to agree with Tanner....

It's like buying a Semi and putting spinners on it (which I DID see for the first time in my life the other day). What's the point. Stacks are for people that run sleds. Now everyone in their neighbor is doing it and it looks like crap and takes away from the design and usefulness. I would say leave it alone. If you want more power, save your money and throw a turbo in it. Now THAT would be cool!

kassim503

I dont really favor 'em stacks, unless your running a cranked up motor with enough coal rolling abilities to fog out a lane. Then its just nice for the person behind you:D