• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Staging area near Columbia, SC

Crash_AF

Staging area for M936A2 near Ft Jackson

I won a M936A2 and might need someone to hold onto it for me for a week or so while I arrange shipping if I get it. It's a non runner so it would need a tow.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Joe

Last edited:

MDSA

Staging area

I'm in Valdese, NC, right off I-40. That's 3 hours from Columbia, but a lot closer than Colorado. Let me know if I can help.

Crash_AF

Sent ya an E-mail...

It might be a couple of weeks, it depends on how the deal works out around the holidays. Definitely would be picked up by no later than the end of Jan.

Thanks,
Joe

MitchG

Mike, Joe My place is about 15mi outside Columbia. Plenty of field space if needed. You are welcome to keep it there for a while if nothing else is available. I just don't have any way to tow it out there.

Crash_AF

I got it, I got it... LOL

Now that the auction's over... I won the M936A2 at Ft Jackson and might need somewhere to store it quickly because the auction doesn't say anything about an EUC being required... either it's an error and I'll be on hold or I might have to get it off the base within 2 weeks unless I can work something out with the site manager.

Here's a link to the pics...
http://web.govliquidation.com/auction/view_photo?eventId=3771&lotNumber=6703&picNumber=2

Later,
Joe

AMGeneral

Hey Joe,

I only see a couple problems with the recovery, There are no shackle mounts to flat tow it without axle clamps.

It being a 900 series,all the brake chambers in the rear will have to be caged or have air to relase em.

With super singles,the O rings may be too weathered to keep air in the flat tires long enough to move it.

Just my 2 cents.

Brandon

Crash_AF

Yep, I got invoiced today, no EUC required for some reason on this auction...

If someone knows the guys at GL Ft Jackson, am I going to have to jump through hoops to get it off base in 2 weeks or are they cool about taking a little longer?

Thanks,
Joe

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know Tim and Kevin,
They aren't the ones pushing the two week deal, not even GL. It is DRMO that is making that rule. I have known them awhile and they couldn't help me keep my M109 any longer than the 2 weeks. I have a towbar with the axle clamps, and hoses to rig the air brakes if you need to use them. I know others have offered, but I also have 62 acres off I-77 about 30min from Jackson, it can sit there indefinitly if you need it.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Joe,
Adam's place might be better if you have kin in the Charlotte area, as it would be on the 'correct' side of Columbia/Ft. Jackson for a pickup.

Crash_AF

That will be cool.. I appreciate the help.

I will probably need someone to do the pickup for me because I don't think I can get out there before the 18th and the dates on the sale are 12-19th.

Please PM if anyone can help.

Thanks,
Joe

Crash_AF

Anybody with a 5T that can help get the truck off of Ft Jackson? Looks like I have a towbar, clamps and the space to put it, just need something big enough to drag it there and I can cover fuel costs.

Thanks,
Joe

AMGeneral

Joe,

I have a 5 ton but I'm approx 165 miles away from Ft Jackson and I could only go get it after Dec 21. Maybe someone else closer will be able to help out.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I asked Waller and Peck to look at it. They said to get Campbell Towing Service to get it, because they have the wreckers that can grab it by the axle and also can cage the rear tires. Have them drag it to Adam's place near Ridgeway and it would be a third of the way to Charlotte. Waller and Peck do not have a working wrecker that is strong enough to pull it and GL/DRMO does not have anything big enough to move it around either. Commercial wrecker can get a straight shot on it and pull it most anywhere - and they have insurance!

Last edited:

Crash_AF

Can you PM me the contact info for Campbell's? And can someone get over there and find out if the rear tires will hold air long enough to get it to Adam's?

Thanks,
Joe

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Campbell's Wrecker Service & Body Shop
310 S. Assembly St
Columbia, SC 29201
803-771-0206
If they cage the rear tires, it wont matter much if they don't stay inflated long.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks