• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Staining or painting the floor hump mat?

ramdough

Anyone have a way to refresh or change the color of the floor hump mat? I know scrubbing works, but if I wanted a black or gray hump, is the a way to color it?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AllenF

There are spray on vinyl dies that work pretty darn good. They do wear off over time but a quick clean and spray and all is like new;)

coachgeo

Wonder how the Plasticoat stuff would work? Would probably scrub off for repair when needed. Won't peel off like on a smooth surface car though. Might scrub off with use too though??

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
could not resist.......................
"but if I wanted a black or gray hump, is there a way to color it "

Just leave it alone
Pull the entire hump off and look at all those things that got "forgot" in all the PM's since she was new.

There is over 1111 systems on the truck to work on without color.
Did you grease and lube every one of the points called out in the TM's?

AllenF

Google it you will find many options. For me I think a new replacement material might be better. While the original stuff is good it is also old and even new stuff is old. NOS rubber items are not a great option. Looks great until you flex it then you are back to square one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks