• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stalling

MrBouncer

86 CUCV "stock" with the exception of doghead starter relay mod and GP controller card bypass, has ran fine for years but here lately has been stalling, only when cold and only after a sudden rpm change. Such as when fast idle kicks off, quick mash of fuel pedal and when stopping. And only cold. Replaced fuel filter, checked for leaks, checked IP return valve(glass ball). I am hoping cold advance but I am thinking the beginning of IP failure. Can find a lot of threads with similar problems but what I have found they get worse when the trucks warms up. SO any suggestions or ideas. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

U1100L

Lift Pump. If you can get a Vacuum / pressure gauge between the filter and I.P. that would help. I.P's like to be supplied with fuel 5-9 p.s.i keeps them happy. To much pressure will advance the timing.

F.Y.I Had 2 mechanical pumps fail, Switched to electric and got 6 months out of that one. You can hear it in the engine when they start to fail. like a change in tone.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks