• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stanadyne Injector Pump in a Foil Bag..New?

Asmoday

I recently have run across a Stanadyne pump DB2829-4521. I know this is for the CUCV's. The pump is still sealed in a big foil bag and boxed. All the NSN numbers, Model numbers etc. are on the box and it feels like the pump is bolted to a plywood board inside the foil bag.

Were new injector pumps delivered this way to the military or would / could this pump be a rebuilt?

Any way to tell if it's a rebuilt by looking at it?

I have a chance to pick it up at a very reasonable price.

Thanks...

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the price is reasonable, go ahead and pick it up.

It "should" have a rebuild tag if it is a rebuild unit.

Look for any kind of date on the box/bag

Asmoday

Hi Warthog,

Thanks for the info.

The pump is still sealed in the bag. If I remember correctly it has a date code sticker of something like 5/91 on it. It appears to have been shipped form Stanadyne this way.

Were new pumps delivered this way to the military?

What do you consider a reasonable price for a brand new correct pump?

southdave

heads up on the pump... 1993 the diesel forumla was changed after 1993 they spec vitcon seals gasket... Granted that statment was made by third party to me, I would verify that..
but their where pump issues in that time as I recall

Asmoday

Only one...:(

A reasonable price is subjective. For me...to have the correct series pump and a new one at that is worth a few hundred bucks.

I am just trying to determine if the pump is new and original....LOL.

Stonepicker1

99% chance it is New2cents I had three boxed the same way, now I have one left.

One just sold on e*ay for over $460, listed as used, but it was new out of the box and still bolted to the plywood.

BUY IT !!!!!!

Asmoday

I went ahead and grabbed it. I figured since it's sealed up and I'm gonna put it away for some time why not?..:)

Here are the pics of it in the sealed bag and the info on the tag. It's in a box inside the foil bag but you can tell that it's bolted up to the plywood board as I have seen them new like this in the past. The foil bagged box slips into a larger box and that box has duplicate NSN number info, pump number info etc. on the outside on a label. It matches the label on the foil bag.

The pump is dated 5/91.

I did not pay what is marked on the box...LOL. The pump was part of someones parts cache that he had put away.

I won't say what I payed but I am very very happy with the deal.

Attachments

Last edited:

Asmoday

Yup...that label is exactly what is on the outside of the main box. Identical...:)

Dimensions are the same as well.

Thanks for the confirmation photo...!

Attachments

Last edited:

Panzerlied

I bought a new surplus 6.2 for my 86 M1009 but it was set up for 24v for a non-turbo HMMWV and I don't want to remove the hole pump if I don't have too....That's was I ask it a 12v top cover from an DB2 4520 will interchange....
Thanks Dave

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes you can use the pump. Only the top cover needs to be changed. 24v to 12v

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The pump is dated 5/91.

I did not pay what is marked on the box...LOL. The pump was part of someones parts cache that he had put away.

I won't say what I payed but I am very very happy with the deal.
I thought the whole point of this site was to share information. It would be nice to scale what you paid vs what others are paying. Of course if you choose not to share, that's your choice.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thast was last years prices. Things went up this morning.....:p