• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Standard Gasoline Engines

coolnick73

There is an auction near my house this weekend and I was previewing some stuff and noticed these two engines. They are gas but I didn't get the NSN off of them.

Does anybody know what they are from and if they are worth bidding on?

Thanks

Attachments

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is an auction near my house this weekend and I was previewing some stuff and noticed these two engines. They are gas but I didn't get the NSN off of them.

Does anybody know what they are from and if they are worth bidding on?

Thanks
Commonly used on generator sets. Not knowing their condition, I would not be able to judge their worth.

coolnick73

Did the govt use a different method for determining HP? The specs from Saturn's website say it has 6 hp & 3,600 rpm. That seems a bit low for a 4 cylinder motor.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes, the military always under rates the HP ratings of it's engines. With some adjustment, you could probably squeeze at least 20 out of those engines.

The military under rates HP ratings of engines and over rates the needed HP for a specific load. But because of this, you'll never have to worry about a military engine/load set-up stalling or bogging down under load like many civilian combo's

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They used to be quite popular with the ultra light crowd too. I went to a guys place and loaded up tons of shrouds, intakes, carbs and starters, all parts they strip off for use in the aircraft. They also find use on the compressors in ENG-3 lube units.

coolnick73

Just a quick update.

The engines sold for about $50 each at the auction today. I didn't buy them as I couldn't justify spending money on two engines I don't need. I hope I don't regret not picking them up in the future.

I did pick up some gas cans that will look nice on my running board. :-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks