• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Standard issue now on some LMTV's LOL

Radiogeek99

Just Another Guy
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the same problem, is it a weak spring or something that needs to be lubed? Have not had a chance to check it out.

Hwhomes

I too have this issue. In a brief bit of research the throttle connector run up and connects to the hand throttle and then into the engine bay. Seems like it's going to be a bit of work to disassemble pieces to get to the sticking part.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I too have this issue. In a brief bit of research the throttle connector run up and connects to the hand throttle and then into the engine bay. Seems like it's going to be a bit of work to disassemble pieces to get to the sticking part.
It's not so bad to get to. Remove dashboard screws, tilt the top of the dash toward you and look down behind it. With a flashlight you can just make out where the cable from the foot petal terminates and mechanical linkage takes over. The goal is to dribble oil down the center wire of the throttle cable so some runs into the cable. I used a screwdriver and a squirt can, pumping a drop or two and letting it run down the screwdriver to the cable. Keep working the throttle cable and it will loosen up.

Mine has not stuck again after lubing.

Then set your idle as low as you can tolerate. That adjustment is top left side of the front of the engine. An adjustment bolt sets idle.

BTW, you can also shorten the throttle position sensor cable (running straight to the rear from the idle adjust area) to the TPS about a foot rearward.

On my 1078 those two adjustments makes up-shifts earlier, and downshifts smoother. YMMV.

Bob

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of my buddies at Bragg sent me this. He was given the truck to drive with these words "There is a trick to the gas pedal!" That is when he found the rope. No wonder crap is coming out if the motor pools anymore.

99nouns

One of my buddies at Bragg sent me this. He was given the truck to drive with these words "There is a trick to the gas pedal!" That is when he found the rope. No wonder crap is coming out if the motor pools anymore.
Sir I dont mean to be mean but I cant make out any meaning out of what you mean.

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This was a rope. You have to have foot, hand, and eye coordination :) . Seems like it depends on who is repairing it as you can either get a rope or a working pedal! The first Sgt was pissed as you can imagine!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks