• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starsky and Hutch is dead

Blythewoodjoe

I love flat paint. I just spray it everywhere, after a good washing, and then srape it off the glass. I used to drive Mustangs and how I hated sanding and taping. Of course I know some of you put effort into all this, BUT I SURE DON'T :twisted:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I can see it now...........

"2009 Ga. Rally picture thread"

"BlythewoodJoe wrote: "oh man, is that a run in my paint?"

:razz:

Looking good Joe!

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know... I think it looked more like a mini BJ & The Bear rig. If it was only a cab-over...

It does look much better though!

Blythewoodjoe

Just a question - why can I see through the rear body, up front near the cab?
It had a generator and all kinds of stuff mounted in it. They cut holes in both sides and built compartments. I plan to mount some doors over the holes and see what happens.

And I though the runs in the paint where part of the "vegitation" camo:grin:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I can safely say, "from all of us, thanks for painting it green!"

Blythewoodjoe

How is the War Dept handling this one?
"She" has now accepted it but has not yet agreed to ride in it when I get it on the road. It helped that I put a couple of other things up for sale :cry:. It will be moved to the home lot from the storage lot this week which will allow the children to make this their new "play" house.

Have you removed your "winter" camo from your truck yet?

rockman

Joe, I guess maybe you were "spraying in the rain"....as far the "other half", on saturday, Joe was standing in the rain with me.....:-D

Blythewoodjoe

Nah, I sprayed it last monday. I forgot my camera and didn't get a chance for a piture until yesterday. It's nice to have a moble air compressor. I hope to tow bar it the 1.5 mile trip home in the next day or two. It's very hard to work on a project when you have to leave the house. You can't sneek out and do anything when you have to fire up a truck to leave;-).

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did ride the DA for a few hours. Have some more to do and then I'll squirt it. I have a gallon of 34094 and a couple of 34052. I really like the 34052 but since I"m more or less wasting a gallon of paint, might do the 34094. Stiill torn. Pity the winter camo is so shiny or I would have sprayed it already.

Blythewoodjoe

Well today I "showed" my ambulance at a preparedness fair I helped with. It was just something to make the yard look full. It was behind the fire trucks and a real ambulance. Still it made for a few good pictures. I closed up the holes and put the cross on the sides this week. I was able to make out the original spot for the crosses. I replaced the drive shaft this afternoon and took it down the road. Runs good for a Dodge. It seems like everytime I do something to it, more stuff works. The cabin light works now and it really lights up the box.

How about the blinged wheels. They are 16" and I got them with desent rubber for $100. I love cheap.

Attachments